Senior Project Manager
Company: ACCO Brands
Posted on: April 3, 2021
All existing jobs are posted on our website. If you don't see
anything you have an interest in, we encourage you to check back
regularly. Click the link below to find out more and apply today!
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Pasadena
Office! Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the
largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners
and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain
more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the
design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of
commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process
piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a
low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital,
semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing
plant---ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical
system to meet your needs Here at ACCO, we are a part of something
bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences,
L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been
around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we
are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more
about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and
events. The Senior Project Manager is expected to develop and
maintain a client base, manage HVAC/plumbing sales, and manage the
field labor for each project. The Senior Project Manager will use
judgment and discretion in representing the company. He/she is
expected to show a high level of commitment and involvement with
his/her work and the company's business. WHAT DOES THIS ROLE
- Maintain cordial relationships with all clients, vendors,
subcontractors and the industry.
- Prepare mechanical/plumbing budgets and bids, proposals, memos,
contracts, change orders, strategies, control costs within
agreed-upon limits, manage installations and produce reasonable
- Manage all project requirements from the inception of sales to
successful project completion and is responsible for the projects
- The Senior Project Manager utilizes and coordinates staff from
all departments, as needed, for each project.
- The Senior Project Manager manages and supervises employees
assigned to the project.
- Provide supervision, leadership and coordination of all ACCO
departmental efforts including Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting,
Construction and Service during project construction in a timely
- Actively involved in recruiting, training, coaching and
- The Sr Project Manager is the single-source responsibility to
ACCO and the customer.
- Attend all ACCO Project Management Sales and Construction
Meetings. Schedule and coordinate pre-construction job meetings
with department heads and supervisors.
- Contribute and be part of special studies, committees, etc. to
advance ACCO's technical abilities in engineering, planning and
estimating, installation procedures, etc. All special assignments
as directed by Management to accomplish mutually agreed upon goals.
- Accountable to the Regional Construction Sales Manager, or
designee, as indicated on the latest Organizational Chart for the
respective office location and available to the President.
- Consult with appropriate ACCO personnel including all
Management and Department Heads.
- Directly supervises assigned Project Engineers, Project
Coordinators, Job Supervisory Personnel and others.
- Maintain a community presence in an industry-based or
community-based organization. WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A
- 10+ years of progressive experience in estimating, design and
management of HVAC projects from $50,000 to $25+ million
- Ability to operate independently and autonomously, and yet
possess the discretionary judgment to know when it's appropriate to
consult with others in the organization
- Demonstrate a corresponding high sense of integrity
- Demonstrated experience/ability to develop new business
- Strong interpersonal and project management abilities,
employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a
high volume of issues.
- Education: Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or related
field preferred, but not required or equivalent industry
- MBA or Master's level educational degree and/or a current
licensed PE are notable, but not required for candidates. PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS (The physical demands described herein are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds,
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of assisting with project job
walks and site inspections).
- The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder
height to access storage cabinets and shelves. WHAT'S IN IT FOR
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment
of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering,
project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who
collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging
place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision,
401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP - Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit
from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and
- Professional Development Programs - Educational reimbursements,
Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth
opportunities. ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D. We
proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are
encouraged to apply. ACCO will consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories for employment. At this time, ACCO is unable to
provide visa sponsorship.
Keywords: ACCO Brands, Pasadena , Senior Project Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!