Senior Land Use Manager
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . From designing
what's next to building the future of care, the work we do is
driven by the needs of our members and employees. When you join our
team, you'll work on large-scale projects that support the health
of millions. Senior Land Use Manager Description: Performs land use
applications for Kaiser Permanente medical offices, hospitals and
office buildings by drafting project descriptions, assembling
supporting analysis and negotiating issues with city and state
- Under general direction consults with NFS Project Directors and
Managers, legal counsel, Governmental Relations and other KP
service area/regional departments to establish land use strategy
and ensure that KP's construction projects receive entitlements on
time and with budget.
- Completes drafts of project descriptions and standard supporting
- Reviews, processes, obtains, extends and negotiates entitlements
and the costs of mitigation measures and approvals for development
with cities and counties and other government entities, seeking
approval as necessary from KP management. Identifies land use
restrictions and opportunities. Informs staff at appropriate
Service Area or Division level.
- Leads area entitlement teams and works with Service area, NFS
core and land use counsel to mitigate risks on projects. Recommends
cost savings and cost expenditures related to land use to project
- Works with KP internal planning teams to determine methodology
for forecasting KP demand for services, beds, employees, vehicle
trips, parking, etc.
- Ensures that other projects in close proximity to KP property do
not have a significant negative impact on KP property.
- May train, supervise, oversee and evaluate subordinate staff and
consultants. No formal supervisory responsibilities.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as
directed. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in land use and entitlements
working with City Planning commissions, City Councils, or
specialized boards such as Design or Architectural Review
- Minimum three (3) years of previous experience obtaining land use
applications in California.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience negotiating entitlements and
land use mitigation measures.
- Bachelor's degree in land use, urban planning, business
administration, real estate or closely related field, or equivalent
college degree with courses in Land Use law, property appraisal,
economics, finance and statistics.
License, Certification, Registration
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Thoroughly familiar with standard land use and zoning procedures
and law requiring knowledge of city, state, and federal laws,
regulations, and ordinances governing property use.
- Strong working knowledge of the California Environmental Quality
- Proven ability to negotiate complex, financial issues within a
legal, government context.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively to establish and
maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in
the course of work both internally and externally to KP.
- Use of personal computer and related software to maintain and
access database, prepare reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Experience with California City Planning Commission
- Experience with environmental consulting preferred.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,Walnut Center - Regional
Offices Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon-Fri
Working Hours Start: Variable Working Hours End: Variable Job
Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01-NUE-Non Union Employee
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports Job Category: Construction
Department: Parsons East Annex - Rgnl Fac-Design & Constr Admin -
7050 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming
career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you! Sign
up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Pasadena , Senior Land Use Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!