Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt LLP
Posted on: November 19, 2021
HCVT is a highly specialized professional services firm
providing tax, audit, business management, mergers and
acquisitions, and valuation services to private and public
companies, business owners, high net worth individuals, and family
offices across select industry niches. At HCVT, we are different.
We are a team driven by our values-Integrity at our Core, Building
Success Together, and a Passion for Excellence. Our focus and
commitment are on the needs of our clients and our team. Clarifying
and resolving complex issues is what we do. How we do it is what
sets us apart from other CPA firms. As part of the HCVT team, you
will work in a fast-paced environment. Our culture is all about
collaboration, teamwork, giving back to our communities, and
partner access and accountability. We also believe that there is no
one way to progress in your career. We are flexible and embrace
diversity. We provide our team members the right tools to be
successful with a continual focus on technical training, as well as
other skills necessary to thrive in the world of public accounting.
Join HCVT and Move Forward - Your Way! We are looking for a Senior
Financial Analyst to join our burgeoning valuation/advisory
practice. You will be working directly with the firm's practice
leader, clients, executives and business owners to deliver
valuation and advisory-related services. The firm's Valuation and
Advisory Services group provides valuations used in M&A,
complex tax structuring and shareholder transactions. Ideal
candidates will have a background in either: (a) direct business
valuation or economic damages valuation experience; (b) corporate
M&A, with experience identifying/analyzing companies for
acquisition; or (c) corporate FP&A, with experience in
developing long-term plans and presentations at a board-level. As a
Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for the
- Working directly with senior executives, business owners and
private equity professionals to gather financial and qualitative
- Financial statement modeling and analysis, discussions with
clients, and supervision of junior staff.
- Working cross-functionally with the firm's tax and audit teams
to assist client engagements.
- Preparing equity valuations using market-based (market
multiples), income-based (DCF) methodologies, and other modeling
- Preparing or reviewing intangible asset valuations for purchase
price allocations, goodwill impairments, and other
- Developing client materials including written reports and
- Assist Partners and Principals in business development
initiatives. To be successful, these are the skills, qualities and
experience you will need:
- Exceptional financial modeling skills.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting, finance,
mathematics or engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid
research and analytical skills, and the ability to work well both
autonomously and in a team environment (remote/in-person).
- Significant proficiency in an industry-vertical well-aligned
with the firm's industry groups.
- Strong project management skills; including experience
overseeing junior staff on engagements
- Ability to think creatively to keep engagements on
- Practical and/or academic familiarity with corporate financial
and valuation theories. Preferred Qualifications
- Exceptional financial modeling skillset including three
statement modeling, DCFs, and LBOs
- National/regional valuation firm experience a major plus
- Strong knowledge of accounting (e.g. audit).
- Experience valuing financial instruments including convertible
bonds, warrants, derivatives, earn-outs, and complex capital
structures using closed-form solutions, binomial lattices, and
Monte Carlo simulations.
- Experience and / or interest working with clients in relevant
industries including media, sports, and entertainment
- CPA and/or CFA preferred The ordinance requires employers to
state, in all job solicitations, postings and advertisements, that
the employer will consider applicants in a manner consistent with
the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative.
Keywords: Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt LLP, Pasadena , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!