Senior Quantitative Analyst
Company: East West Bank
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Introduction Since 1973, East West Bank has served as a pathway
to success. With over 120 locations across the U.S. and Greater
China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and
West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help
guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific
looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and
our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate,
entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and
high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our
associates' potential for career advancement.Headquartered in
California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing
commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater
China markets. With a strong foundation, enterprising spirit and a
commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the
confidence to reach further.OverviewWe are currently seeking a
model development quantitative analyst within the Model Development
and Analytics team.Responsibilities
- Participate in developing and implementing credit risk models
for the use of CECL (design, development, validation, calibration,
documentation, implementation, monitoring, and reporting).
- Provide financial and analytical, modeling expertise to build
and improve quantitative models for various projects (including
CECL, loss rate, PD, LGD, EAD models).
- Identify and address potential process gaps or process
improvements including data model requirement, structure and use,
policy governance and other quantitative tools. Effectively
challenge the model's conceptual soundness, assumptions, and
appropriateness of model methodology.
- Assemble, compile, and analyze information, and resolve
errors/inconsistencies in data from financial reporting
- Collaborate with business groups to develop effective modeling
approaches to accurately represent the risks for practical business
- Conduct quantitative analysis as it applies to key business
areas or specific types of models.
- Conduct independent research to effectively challenge the
model's conceptual soundness, assumptions, and appropriateness of
- Support ad hoc business analyses and business level variance
- Provide written or verbal communication to internal and
external stakeholders conveying the results of research and
- Perform other assignments and special project analysis as
requested by management. Qualifications
- Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics,
Finance or other quantitative disciplines.
- Practical knowledge of quantitative forecasting models,
financial analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Good understanding of stress testing, credit risk, financial
risk, and their processes.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills that can be applied to
banking with the ability to break down complex problems into a
small number of key issues.
- Proven ability to effectively independently problem-solve.
- Ability to communicate complex analytical issues in
understandable terms appropriate for internal and external
- Proficiency with R or similar programming language. Proficiency
with Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Keywords: East West Bank, Pasadena , Senior Quantitative Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!