Small Business Officer- Pasadena-Los Angeles Markets
Company: BNP Paribas
Posted on: September 19, 2022
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on
the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most
impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship
programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting
programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the
U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet,
improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of
BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable
Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a
changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we
help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
Job Description Summary
Responsible for acquiring new mass small business relationships and
proactively managing, developing, and retaining a portfolio of high
potential business banking relationships with annual revenues up to
$1 Million. Assists assigned retail branches with achieving mass
small business goals and partners with retail team members to coach
and train on acquisition strategies, retention tactics, and
customer inquiries related to mass small business. Independently
interprets and provides recommendations and solutions unique to
each client's specific banking needs.
Territory - This position will support Pasadena Main, Pasadena East
and South Pasadena.
"To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers,
Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of
their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated
must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022."
Essential Job Functions
- Focuses on acquisition of new small business customers and
retention and deepening of existing relationships from a dedicated
portfolio of business clients.
- Acquires new mass small business relationships through
prospecting, outside calling, networking, and referrals. Makes a
substantial number of outside, in-person calls on prospects and
portfolio clients through designated retail branch assignments in a
specific geography area.
- Serves as primary contact for a portfolio of business banking
clients up to $1 million in annual revenue. Proactively contacts
portfolio clients and generates new business to the Bank. Focuses
on client retention and growth by providing consultative advice and
solutions to enhance and expand the client's entire banking
relationship including deposits, loans, cash management, wealth
management, equipment leasing, merchant services, and trade
- Assists assigned retail branches with achieving mass small
business goals and partners with retail team members to coach and
train on acquisition strategies and retention tactics related to
mass small business.
- Assists branch team members with sales or service transactions
related to business clients under $1mm in annual revenue. Refers
larger clients to appropriate business banking channels when
- Attains an understanding of business operating cycles and of
client's objectives and strategies.
- Understands client's business practices and interprets the
operational risk to the bank. Reviews client's accounts and is
responsible for approving operational risks associated with the
relationship; including NSF/OD's, fees and transaction items.
- Demonstrates independent decision making skills by recognizing
and understanding client problems and needs and responding
appropriately. Gathers information and sorts through issues in
order to make timely decisions. Other Job Duties
- Obtains financial statements, tax return and any additional
documentation required to establish new accounts, complete new or
renewal credit requests, or complete a service request.
- Stays aware of developing industry and market trends and
actively researches and participates in the industries that make up
the assigned portfolio.
- Maintains assigned annual and quarterly goals for revenue
growth, new business development, customer service and portfolio
- Ensures job duties are performed within established bank
controls, risk and audit protocols.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to
ensure a positive image for the bank. Ensures compliance with bank
- Manages all communications with customers related to credit and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree Work Experience
- P3 - 5 yrs "Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically
obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May
have practical knowledge of project management. Requires 5 years
minimum prior relevant experience." Skills
- Comfort and familiarity with commercial lending
- Understanding of bank policy and procedures.
- General knowledge of small companies.
- Understanding and knowledge of bank products and services.
- Analytical, credit, and negotiating skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, Capital
Stream, Touchpoint, and other bank systems as well as MS Office
- Written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to
provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without
regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West
is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female /
Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws
Business / Commercial Banking
Keywords: BNP Paribas, Pasadena , Small Business Officer- Pasadena-Los Angeles Markets, Accounting, Auditing , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!