Accounting Specialist I (PFCU/SKYLA)
Company: LanceSoft Inc
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Title: Accounting Specialist I Location: Pasadena, CA, 91124. Duration: 3 Months temp to hire Pay rate Range: 19- 23/h on w2
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST I
Responsible for assembling paperwork for review and reconciliation to the general ledger. Process Check 21 files and transmit return files to the Federal Reserve. Verify and process wires for members. Accurately scan and index credit union paperwork into the optical system. Process payroll deduction for payroll groups.
1. Prepare, review, reconcile, and manage paperwork related to daily general ledger accounts.
2. Process Check 21 work and prepare and post general ledger entries.
3. Monitor balance and activity for the Federal Reserve account.
4. Review paperwork for incoming and outgoing wires, process through the Federal Reserve and post to members' accounts while maintaining separation of duties.
5. Assist branch staff with member disputes related to ACH and checks. Key and reconcile adjustments for disputes related to remotely created checks, encoding, fraud and case adjustments.
6. Review and maintain stop payment requests for members and CMFCU. This applies to ACH and checks. File maintenance stop payments per member's request.
7. Work ACH exceptions and input AP invoices as needed.
8. Scan and index payroll cards, wires, accounts payable invoices, wires, disputes and other items daily.
9. Create monthly spreadsheet for reconciliation of 450+ GL accounts. Gather reports, prepare reconciliations and follow up on outstanding items and missing documents.
10. Process payroll deduction by sending cards to employers, processing incoming files and working exceptions.
11. Clear corporate card balances monthly to general ledger.
12. Monitor and maintain paperwork for credit union investment portfolio.
13. Review and reconcile outstanding CMCU corporate checks to general ledger. Maintain check copies and ensure there are no missing items.
14. Maintain offsite storage inventory of credit union records.
15. Produce audio checks daily including weekly IBPO and SSPBA checks with their respective deposits and reports to be mailed.
16. Assist branch personnel to resolve general ledger differences and posting errors.
17. Assist with compiling requested information for regulatory Audits and Exams as needed.
18. Comply with all federal regulations, credit union policies and procedures, including Bank Secrecy and the USA Patriot Act.
19. Cross sells the credit unions' products and services by providing information to the member and mail appropriate forms.
20. Review of dormant account report for user privileges reporting discrepancies to IT.
21. Assist with filing and other clerical duties.
22. Perform other duties as assigned including backing up coworkers' duties.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Prior Financial Institution experience preferred.
3. Strong ability to research and analyze account activity with minimal supervision. Take prompt corrective action to correct problems.
4. Detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to work independently.
5. Working knowledge of accounting theories and practices.
6. Ability to edit and maintain Excel spreadsheets.
7. Must possess skills necessary to communicate effectively with the membership verbally and in written correspondence.
Keywords: LanceSoft Inc, Pasadena , Accounting Specialist I (PFCU/SKYLA), Accounting, Auditing , Pasadena, California
here to apply!