Company: Acco Engineered Systems
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest
mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and
builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more
than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design,
fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial
and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and
building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or
high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital,
semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing
plant ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical
system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our
customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San
Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years,
we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for
talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check
out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Under the direction of the Financial Controller, this position is
responsible for assisting in the preparation of the monthly
financial statements, year-end audit, and annual budgets. This
position will be preparing and inputting journal entries, analyzing
and reconciling general ledger accounts, and other projects
directed by the team. Communicate and interact with Department
Heads, Purchasing, and other department personnel regarding the
accounting and financial matters relevant to their projects and
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE*
* Assist with preparing monthly financial statements, management
reporting, and analysis.
* Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts.
* Book monthly journal entries.
* Assist with fixed asset and inventory modules.
* Assist with capital budget and forecast depreciation to support
annual budget, reforecast, and 5-year forecast.
* Assist management in analyzing actual results, variance analysis
of budget vs. actuals, forecasting the future, and monitoring large
projects actual to estimated results.
* Contribute with continuous effort to improve operations, decrease
turnaround times, and streamline work processes and financial
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the manager
(i.e. special projects).
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE*
* Minimum 2-5 years of accounting experience with a mix of both
public and private experience Big 4/audit and private/accounting
* Four-year business/accounting degree preferred. CPA preferred but
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Construction accounting experience preferred but not required
* Strong understanding and ability to apply GAAP
* Experience in preparing monthly financial statements and account
* Budgeting, forecasting and analytical experience a plus
* Strong follow-through on all projects; ability to multi-task and
bring projects to timely completion.
* Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and commitment
to accuracy and quality, while meeting goals and deadlines
* Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Excel and Windows is a
* Proficient in the use of data warehouse front end software to
analyze information and create various reports, preferred but not
* Ability to collaborate with both the project managers and other
department personnel in improving business processes and financial
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to handle various projects in a fast-paced
* Ability to interact positively and effectively in a team
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of
skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering,
project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who
collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging
place to work.
* Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision,
401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from
us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
* Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and
* Professional Development Programs Educational reimbursements,
Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are
encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay Transparency
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire
U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to
apply.\n\nEqual Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.\nACCO will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
Keywords: Acco Engineered Systems, Pasadena , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!