Company: Union Station Homeless Services
Posted on: June 25, 2022
TITLE: Administrative Assistant DEPARTMENT: Operations REPORTS
TO: Office Manager Employment Status: Full Time Reg. Hours Worked:
40 / Week, Non-Exempt Hourly Rate: $21/hr JOB SUMMARY: The
Administrative Assistant ensures that phone calls and visitors to
Union Station are handled appropriately and efficiently. Assists
with the clerical needs of the office management team and supports
all USHS locations. Oversees office needs at Altadena location.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, but are not limited to the following:
* Answer telephones and manage a multi-line telephone system,
screen and forward calls, take detailed messages as
* Assist with management of general voice-mail system, retrieve
incoming messages. Record outgoing messages as requested forward
calls to cell as needed.
* Greet, welcome and screen visitors, determine reason for visit,
and announce or refer visitor to the appropriate staff member or
program location, or provide USHS cell or email address.
* Receive and sort incoming mail, processing according to
department procedures; serve as liaison with the post office,
notifying staff of delivery times as needed. Deliver mail to USHS
sites as needed.
* Sort and open donation envelopes, processing donations and
calculating totals according to Finance Office procedures. Maintain
and report on daily and monthly donation totals, reconciling totals
with Development Office.
* Ensure that office machines in Administration Building are in
working order and stocked with paper. Receive repair requests;
schedule maintenance and repairs.
* Maintain calendar for use of all conference and meeting
* Keep front reception area clean and uncluttered; with fellow
staff members, keep lounge and conference rooms neat and clean.
* Process gifts cards, business cards, uniforms, meter readings,
and print stamps as needed.
* Receive and process In kind donations as needed
* Provide administrative support to Operations Department as
* Maintain regular communication with Office Manager regarding
front desk work flow. PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK
ENVIRONMENT: * Work indoors in temperature controlled environment
and occasionally exposed to outdoor weather and driving conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Stand and sit for long periods of time; move and walk to various
locations; climb, stoop, kneel, reach, pull, push, bend, twist, and
occasionally lift and or move objects (up to 20 lbs.). Use hands to
finger, handle or feel.
* See, hear and speak clearly in order to give and receive
information and instructions and perform clerical tasks.
* Complex reading and writing skills, judgment and decision-making
capability, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to interact with other employees, clients, customers and
members of the public.
* Gather, analyze, synthesize, and classify information.
* Ability to perform arithmetic operations, transcribe, enter, and
* High level of concentration and attention to detail for extended
periods of time.
* Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or
* Requires use a computer keyboard for long periods of time.
* Able to travel to off-site meetings. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
ABILITIES: * Ability to work effectively under time constraints,
prioritize work, and make decisions.
* Ability to work independently and with others and to interact
with all types of personalities.
* Ability to train and supervise staff, volunteers and clients.
* Ability to analyze, develop and establish efficient office work
and administrative processes.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
* Proficient with office communication equipment and machines
(telephone, typewriter, copier, calculator, fax machine, personal
computer, printer and scanner).
* Skilled in use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint), Google Apps.
* Skills in using relational databases for donors, accounting, and
personnel strongly preferred. EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: *
Minimum of two years prior experience in related administrative
* Drivers License required and use of personal vehicle required;
position requires support of multiple locations Union Station
Homeless Services (USHS) requires all new hires to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to your first day of employment at
USHS, unless a documented medical or religious accommodation is
approved as determined on an individual case by case basis by USHSs
Human Resources Executive. Union Station Homeless Services Embraces
Diversity We embrace our differences and are committed to
furthering our culture of inclusion and belonging. Our commitment
to racial equity within the organization is crucial to who we are
and the clients we serve. Committed to being an anti-racist
organization and sharing the the unique cultural experiences from
our networks, we offer annual racial equity training, host ongoing
learning experiences through our lunch n' learns, and participate
in on-going mental health trainings. We promote acceptance,
respect, teamwork and fosters diversity in the workplace. We
believe every individual has a story, past, and a unique set of
skills that shape who we are and through this network, we can learn
from each other to become better versions of ourselves personally
and professionally. Through our staff-led network focusing on
diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging and accessibility, we work
to communicate, educate, and express diverse cultivation through
our eight Diversity Networks. We are honored that the Diversity
Network has been recognized as part of the Community Impact Awards
presented by the Los Angeles Business Journal. Union Station
Homeless Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Union Station Homeless Services, Pasadena , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!