Company: Corporation for Public Broadcasting
Posted on: May 12, 2022
"A Private Corporation Funded by the American People" Southern
California Public Radio (SCPR) is a member-supported public media
network whose mission is to strengthen the civic and cultural bonds
that unite Southern California's diverse communities by providing
the highest quality news and information service on air at 89.3
KPCC, online at LAist.com and through KPCC In Person. Since our
founding in 1999, SCPR has been a fast growing, innovative,
multi-platform public service newsroom. Every day, our staff helps
audiences catch up on the latest headlines, solve the complexities
of life in Southern California, and connect curious communities to
one another. Position Summary: The Marketing Coordinator for
Southern California Public Radio is responsible for the
coordination and execution of key marketing and brand building
initiatives for KPCC, LAist and LAist Studios. The coordinator is
responsible for supporting the marketing activities of all business
units and departments, as well as executing integrated marketing
strategies that advance SCPR awareness and support audience growth
initiates. This role is key to promotion of SCPR's diversity,
equity and inclusiveness (DEI) initiatives. Compensation: - - The
hourly rate for this opportunity will be no less than $26.04 per
hour. Exact rate determined by experience and education related to
the role, organizational compensation structure and internal
equity. Position Responsibilities:
- Coordinates all marketing activities across departments.
- Project manage marketing campaigns for KPCC, LAist and LAist
- Create work orders for any media execution. Evaluate and revise
as necessary to exceed KPIs.
- Coordinates the relationship with PR agency in terms of day to
day execution of press and publicity activities, serving as a
public relations liaison (inclusive of coordinate the distribution
of press requests with agency).
- Coordinate and execute specific owned, earned, shared and paid
media efforts for both brands either directly or in coordination
with agencies and vendors. Inclusive but not limited to: radio
campaigns, podcast campaigns, internal display campaigns, paid
social media campaigns, SEM/SEO tactics, traffic acquisition
tactics, content syndication, programmatic media buys, mobile DSP
media buys and implementation, marketing trades, PR and publicity
- Track and report on key marketing KPIs on a weekly and monthly
basis as applicable.
- Coordinate departmental and interdepartmental meetings to
guarantee full alignment against key initiatives.
- Coordinate vendor relationships inclusive of contract
management, vendor onboarding processes, follow up with finance to
coordinate PO process and payments, others.
- Responsible for the upload of expense reports, updating of
marketing calendar, ordering of supplies and general marketing
- Monitor marketing trends and helps with the implementation of
new marketing strategies and campaigns based on current
- Helps coordinate all marketing related activities that are part
of the events plan (communications strategy, promotions, media
buys, social media strategies).
- Collaborates with other teams to develop direct marketing and
- Coordinate the execution of communication campaigns, marketing
materials and collaterals (either collaborating with internal
talent or outside vendors and agencies).
- Join marketing ideation sessions (comms, strategies, tactics,
campaigns) as needed.
- Coordinate the creation of a weekly marketing report that
includes weekly goals, key results, areas of improvement and new
- Manage and update marketing calendar.
- Additional duties as assigned. Required Education and
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years of related work experience. Required Skills,
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable and skilled in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong PR skills, social media savvy, and organization
- Must have strong work ethic, problem solving and prioritization
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledgeable and skilled in Keynote, Pages, iMovie and other
- Basic social media management knowledge.
- Creative thinker; thinks "outside the box" Reporting To This
Position: None Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position
with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to manage some work outside of standard office hours as
- Physical Demands:
- This role may be eligible for a hybrid office/remote work
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for
extended periods of time
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law. - We are committed to
hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of
diverse groups to apply. Corporation for Public Broadcasting "A
Private Corporation Funded by the American People"
Keywords: Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Pasadena , Marketing Coordinator, Advertising , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!