Life Coach ASL - $17.50/hr
Company: Pillar Staffing Solutions
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Job DescriptionThe ASL Life Coach is the first point of contact
for those who need sign language assistance. Using their skills,
this individual must be able to facilitate communication with
participants and staff by using basic sign language efficiently.
The ASL Life Coach assists program participants in finding
activities that they enjoy and that can be fulfilling. They also
help participants to learn new skills, which will allow them to
become more integrated into society as a whole! Does this
opportunity to work with a nonprofit and help people in life sound
like a job for you? Apply today!Responsibilities
- Work with a range of individuals with disabilities.
- Use sign language as the primary method of communication in
addition to supporting assigned participants.
- Assist participants in daily planned activities for integration
in the community.
- Plan and create activities that are in alignment with person
- Assist participants to meet individual goals and
- Assist the participants in community-based activities.
- Implement daily scheduled program activities approved by
participants or their representatives, and Area Director.
- Assist participants in activities during program hours.
- Complete participants' daily progress reports.
- Maintain safe environment for the participants and ensures that
they are keeping social distancing, wearing masks or face shields
and frequently wash their hands.
- Report any incidents to administrative staff.
- Participate in meetings and training sessions.
- Teach participants/staff ASL
- Other duties as assigned.To perform the job successfully, an
individual should demonstrate
- Proficiency in American Sign Language and has ability to teach
ASL to participants and staff.
- Ability to manage and deescalate needy/aggressive
- Communicate effectively and persuasively in various
- Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to
- Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and
grammar. Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and
interpret written information.
- Experience with and understanding of the needs of persons with
- Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works
with integrity and ethically.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Professional and friendly demeanor able to approach others in a
- High school graduate with at least five years of experience
with ASL and some experience with working with individuals with
intellectual or and developmental disabilities or;
- B.A. Degree with two years of experience utilizing ASL at
proficient level plus and some experience with working with DDS
population or experience in taking care of family member with
special needs or training.Schedule:Your shift will usually be about
8 hours and it is Monday thru Friday
Keywords: Pillar Staffing Solutions, Pasadena , Life Coach ASL - $17.50/hr, Education / Teaching , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!