Sr. DevOps Engineer
Posted on: April 2, 2021
At Bluebeam, we empower people to promote the way the world is
built. We create smart software solutions that make construction
sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of
design and construction professionals everywhere.
- You will be a full-time, onsite position based in Pasadena. Due
to COVID-19, all new employees will start work remotely until we
can return to the office. More information will be provided in the
interview process.* About the role:Bluebeam is looking for a Senior
DevOps Engineer to join our team. You'll help us better our
software engineering practice. You will help develop solutions, and
allow our engineering team to build our next generation of cloud
native applications.What you'll do:
- Develop automation frameworks (Infrastructure as code, CI/CD
pipelines) and tooling that will be consumed by the entire
- Support and mentor engineer teams to own their own
configurations, parameters, and application secrets
- Identify roadblocks and inefficiencies in the current workflow,
and work with teams to plan and remediate improvements.
- Manage incidents and incident responses to ensure proper
follow-up and mitigation.
- Consult with architecture in analyzing and identifying the
right pieces in building our unified cloud platform.--Be involved
in decision-making, such as time estimation, build vs. buy.
- Drive project progress and communicate project status to
- Support legacy technologies and be a part of the solution in
migrating them to cloud native solutions. What we'd like to see in
- 5+ years of experience with building, deploying, administration
and monitoring of SaaS applications and related infrastructure on
both Windows (.NET) and Linux platforms.
- Experience with AWS, with emphasis on components such as
autoscaling, lambda functions, Kinesis, SQS, IAM, and secrets
- Experience with infrastructure tools like Terraform and
- Experience scripting with languages like Python, PowerShell,
- Experience with Kubernetes (EKS or self managed)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet,
- Knowledge of both RDBMS and NoSQL data platforms such as like
MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, and
- Experience with build systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Understanding of different types of git workflows and the
differences between them.
- Experience with monitoring and APM tools such as New Relic,
- Experience with system hardening and implementing security
- Web development experience (frontend or backend) would be a
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment. If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam
team, please send the following:
- (Optional) Cover Letter - be creative! We wanna know why
Bluebeam, why you and what makes you a great addition to the
- If you move further in the process - you will complete a
take-home test exercise at a later stage What We Offer:
- People-focused, entrepreneurial start-up culture with the
backing of a stable, global, corporate entity - Nemetschek
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental,
education reimbursement, 401k, wellness resources)
- Work-life balance fostered through a culture of diversity,
inclusion, and appreciation of individual lifestyle needs
- You will have the opportunity for continuous professional
development About BluebeamThe construction industry is adopting new
technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are
replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D,
and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together.
Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to
our success is a customer-focused approach to product development:
we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry.
Today, over 2 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In
the US, we're a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms,
and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in
Sweden, Germany and the UK.Come design and build your future with
us.Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, or veteran status.#LI-CT1
Keywords: Bluebeam, Pasadena , Sr. DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!