Magnetics Components Engineer
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the
U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide
infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital
transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives
and integrate citizen-centric services.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Magnetics Components Engineer
in Pasadena, CA. This position can be worked remotely.
The magnetic components engineer will be a member of JPL's
Electronic Parts Reliability Engineering Group, responsible for
reviewing all Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical Parts
(EEE) parts for reliability related performance and advises the
projects on part selection, conducts scientific experiments or
theoretical analysis to determine the physical behavior of parts in
a space-like radiation environment.
Oversees part procurement to ensure compliance with engineering
requirements and maintains part inventories. Deep understanding and
substantial use of common computer tools. Excellent written and
oral communication skills.
A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials
Science/ Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related technical
discipline with a minimum of 12 to 15 years of related experience
or a Master's degree in similar disciplines with 10 to 13 years of
related experience; or a PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum
of 10+ years related experience.
As a Magnetics Component Engineer, you will:
- Evaluate, select and approve magnetics components from design,
construction, quality and reliability perspectives for use in space
- Advise project management on highly complex electronic part
selections that maximize reliability while considering schedule and
- Develop part engineering specifications and drawings.
- Interface with Mission Assurance Managers, Cognizant Engineers,
and part manufacturers.
- Work with manufacturers on new component development and lead
resolution of technical issues in order to support project flight
- Support technical surveys and audits of magnetics part
- Perform statistical data analysis and risk assessments.
- Disposition test and inspection failures, including those
during screening, destructive physical analysis (DPA), lot
qualification and receiving inspection.
- Develop screening methods that effectively reduce risk in space
and during manufacturing of magnetics components.
- Understand potential failure mechanisms affecting magnetics
components and participate in failure investigations and
- Utilize the Part Acquisition and Review System (PARS) to review
project parts lists and assess part compliance to project
- Serve as an essential team member within the Group, ensuring
part reviews, screening and testing, and procurement meet project
schedule. Additional Requirements:
- Extensive understanding and experience in the selection,
procurement, manufacture, use and testing/screening of high
reliability magnetics components for space-flight
- Strong working knowledge of magnetic properties, wire and core
technology, and assembly and encapsulation engineering.
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-981, MIL-STD-1580, MIL-PRF-27and relevant
JEDEC specifications and requirements related to magnetics
- Ability to multi-task with an established track record of
meeting schedule milestones.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams with design
engineers, line management, and project management. Preferred
- Relevant experience in magnetics technology including high
voltage magnetics manufacturing or design.
- Knowledge of NASA parts requirements including
- Contract Technical Management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Colorado Salary Minimum:
$102,315.20 Colorado Salary Maximum:$218,712.00 The estimate
displayed represents the typical salary range for this position,
and is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package
for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and
long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition,
Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta,
everything we do, from conducting innovative research to
cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring
that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad
array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from
investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex
challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than
48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just
that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not
otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the
disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b)
in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action,
including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c)
consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Keywords: Perspecta, Pasadena , Magnetics Components Engineer, Engineering , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!