Senior CAD Infrastructure DevOps Engineer
Company: Rockley Photonics Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
At Rockley Photonics we are working on a platform to make
integrated photonics as pervasive as micro-electronics. We are
working on a variety of transformative products in biosensing,
datacomms, and automotive lidar.
The Senior CAD Infrastructure DevOps Engineer is responsible to
work with cross-functional teams to understand project objectives
to architect, deploy and maintain a productive and scalable
environment for leading-edge PIC activities including CAD, design,
modeling, layout, and physical verification automated solutions.
The Senior CAD Infrastructure DevOps Engineer is responsible for
implementing tools and workflows, leveraging Continuous Integration
(CI) and Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions to accelerate the
development, build and testing of our Electronic/Photonic Design
Automation (EPDA) process. This will include and not be limited to:
identify opportunities to minimize or eliminate repetitive work
through automation scripts, improve and lead software development
best practices, and support continued development of EPDA
- This list is not all inclusive. Additional duties will be
assigned as needed.
- Write and maintain software that interacts with various tools,
databases, and user input;
- Develop, validate, and maintain infrastructure of build flow
platform in Gitlab source-controlled environment;
- Integrate internally developed Python scripts with other
applications and automation platforms;
- Establish, document, and implement automation standards,
processes, and workflows;
- Performs code reviews applying formal release and version
control best practices to design, layout, and PDK collateral;
- Works closely with process, design/device, modeling and layout
engineers to support delivery of highest quality Silicon Photonic
- Competencies for Role: Positive Attitude, Efficient,
Flexibility/Adaptability, Organized, Strong Communication
- Organizational Values: Customers, Results, Excellence,
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 3+ yrs experience as a developer or DevOps Engineer
automating build flow configuration and deployment.
- Minimum 3+ yrs experience with scripting languages such as
Python, Perl, etc.
- Minimum 3+ yrs experience with programming languages such as
Tcl, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience with Python-based chip manufacturing
- Experience with open-source automation tools - preferably
Gitlab or Jenkins.
- Desirable experience in writing micro-services for running
Serverless Computing offerings - preferably Azure Functions.
- Preferred experience with tools such as Synopsys
Custom/OptoDesigner and IC Validator code development, QA, and
- Preferred experience with Windows and Linux shell
- Familiarity with key semiconductor process steps, such as
Lithography, Etch, Mask, and Packaging.
- Broad understanding of Silicon Photonics Design, Modeling,
Tapeout, and Scaling challenges.
This position requires access to information protected under US
export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. Please
note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on
authorization to receive software or technology controlled under
these US export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Rockley is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Rockley is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Rockley Photonics Inc., Pasadena , Senior CAD Infrastructure DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!