Mechanical Engineer IV
Company: APR Consulting
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Our client, NASA JPL is looking for a Mechanical Engineer IV to
be a part of the Project team in Pasadena, CA. In this role you
will be responsible engaging in the engineering and design of
advanced spacecraft and robotic mechanisms for exploration of the
solar system. To be considered for this position you must have a
bachelor's degree in engineering and have +10 years in
Aerospace/Aviation related design and fabrication experience
- Performing as a Design Engineer for JPL on a spacecraft,
instrument, or robotic project.
- Creating complex CAD models, assemblies, and engineering
- Working with world-class engineers and participate on teams in
a highly collaborative environment.
- Developing and running configuration trades on the mechanical
system of a spacecraft project.
- Interfacing with space science experts, analysts, manufacturing
engineers, and project staff.
- Performing conceptual spacecraft design for feasibility and
cost estimates of future missions. Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical design of spacecraft primary and secondary
structures and mechanisms.
- Engineering CAD (Computer-Aided Design) tools such as Siemens
NX, CATIA or Creo.
- Creating engineering drawings using the ASME Y14.100-2013
- Creating detail drawings, assembly drawings, interface drawings
and source control drawings.
- Geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) using ASME
- Application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and
techniques in solving mechanical engineering problems.
- Adept at performing trade studies and developing conceptual
- Aerospace fabrication processes
- Aerospace material selection
- PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) tools such as Teamcenter,
Enovia or Windchill. Desired Skills:
- NX version 1953 or higher CAD modeling and drawing production
- Teamcenter version 12 or higher PLM data storage usage for
Keywords: APR Consulting, Pasadena , Mechanical Engineer IV, Engineering , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!