Supervisory Civil Engineer w/ P. E.
Company: System One
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Supervisory Civil Engineer w/ P. E. United States Citizenship is
required to obtain a Government Security Clearance This is a HYBRID
work schedule located in Pasadena, CA System One has a temp to hire
employment conversion opportunity for a Supervisory Civil Engineer.
The Civil Engineer for this position will have experience in
Hydrology/hydraulics, utility piping and distribution network
design on large scale projects and on government / military
agencies on site and utility infrastructure improvement projects
also required. Civil Engineering Requirements:
- 4 year degree in Civil Engineering (or related field)
- 12 to 15 years of related Civil engineering work
- Professional Engineer registration in State of California is
- Hydrology/hydraulics, utility piping and distribution network
design on large scale projects
- Government/military agencies site and utility infrastructure
- Must be eligible for a government security clearance which
requires proof of US citizenship Skills / Competencies:
- Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written
and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of
industry practices and regulations are required. Must also possess
a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select
and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
- Requirements include desktop personal computer (PC) literacy,
familiarity with AutoCAD / Civil 3D, and a working knowledge of
Civil engineering computer software; Microsoft Office Suite,
Bluebeam Revue, used to complete design assignments. Civil
- Reviews work produced to ensure that applicable codes,
standards, and procedures are followed, and quality is acceptable.
Monitors productivity and technical proficiency of assigned
personnel. Makes staffing assignments and reassignments as project
- Conducts performance evaluations, takes corrective action as
necessary, recommends promotions and salary actions, and recommends
training and development for assigned personnel.
- Helps to define scope of work, design criteria, schedule,
standards, and procedures for project assignments.
- Determines budget estimates and staffing requirements for the
defined scope and schedule.
- Provides technical direction, making decisions and/or obtaining
additional technical staff assistance as the situation warrants.
This may include obtaining the services of consultants.
- Promotes technical excellence on the project, including
furthering the Quality Improvement Process.
- Ensures that adequate checking is performed in accordance with
discipline checking policy and procedures.
- Ensures that discipline design work is coordinated with project
staff and Engineers from other disciplines by maintaining clear and
- Advises engineering and project management regarding any
problem areas, staffing requirements, delays in production, scope
changes, or other events which could affect project completion
- Initiates and/or reviews change order requests for additions,
deletions, or changes to the original scope of work.
- Recommends design methods, equipment use, etc., for discipline
- Supervises the production of project drawings and design
- Maintains affiliation with professional societies to keep
abreast of current technologies.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position
as may be appropriate. Job Requirements:Professional Engineer
Keywords: System One, Pasadena , Supervisory Civil Engineer w/ P. E., Engineering , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!