Structural Engineer II (FAA)
Company: LanceSoft Inc
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Remote In USA with travel to all over US
Temp To Hire (Conversion to direct Hire after completion of 520 hrs
Responsibilities may include:
1. Develop fall protection solutions for lattice towers and other
structures by providing construction drawings and
2. Travel up to 50% of time to project sites to capture data to
develop fall protection solutions. Data to be captured will include
tower mapping, ladder information, and OSHA fall protection
deficiencies. Climb and assess tower conditions and prepare tower
condition and analysis reports.
3. Prepare detailed calculations, drawings, technical
specifications, design and installation packages, proposal
evaluations, technical reports, detailed analyses, and other
materials suitable for review by a supervisor or other lead
engineer. These will be geared towards developing the fall
protection drawings and addressing OSHA deficiencies.
4. Develop an in-depth knowledge of FAA and industry standard
requirements, codes, and standards.
5. Assist in the development of survey reports and make
recommendations based upon information gathered during the site
survey and professional judgment.
6. Travel to supplier, client, or construction site locations to
inspect various facets of work.
7. Assist in the development of construction cost estimates.
8. Provide input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters,
Designers, and Engineers working on the same project. Use AutoCAD
to develop construction drawings.
9. Review supplier drawing submittals, respond to field requests
for information and perform technical bid analyses. Implement TSSC
Safety and Quality programs into design work.
10. Assist in the preparation of tower condition reports based on
data from site surveys by others.
11. Prepare tower structural analysis using TNX Tower modeling
12. Make engineering recommendations for tower sustainment and
service life extension efforts.
13. Provide estimates for tower repair and replacement
Experience and Qualifications:
1. Degreed Structural engineer from an ABET accredited program with
0 to 5 years of experience after graduation. NCEES or other
third-party validation of ABET equivalency may be acceptable.
2. Registration as an EIT or FE preferred
3. Ability to solve problems with persons inside and outside an
organization to find mutually beneficial solutions.
4. Ability to plan and manage multiple simultaneous projects and
work activities in accordance with cost, schedule and technical
5. Ability to climb towers to do structural and OSHA fall
protection inspections. Training will be provided by Parsons.
1. Proficient in AutoCAD, tnxtower, RISA3D. Other software like
STAAD.PRO can be learned on the job.
2. Ability to work remotely with team members
"LanceSoft provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: LanceSoft Inc, Pasadena , Structural Engineer II (FAA), Engineering , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!