Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Space Systems Loral
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job Description Space Systems Loral is looking for an Electrical Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Pasadena, CA. This is a 12 Months Contract to Hire position Job Description:Working closely with design engineering, support the design, production, quality oversight, test and integration of one-of-a-kind/low-quantity wire harnesses and cable assemblies for space flight and non-flight, standalone, sub/top electro-mechanical assemblies including Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE).Wire Harness and cable assemblies predominately reference NASA Std. 8739.3 and/or NASA Std. 8739.4 and/or IPC J-STD-001ES and incorporate commercially available components and wire, shielded and unshielded, single and multi-conductor.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the manufacturing process creation and implementation to produce electrical cable and harness assemblies and documenting the installation process of electronic components such as temperature sensors, motors, strain gauges, heating elements, and related devices. Initiate/lead/participate in continuous improvement of processes to enhance quality and throughput.
- Identify tooling and/or equipment requirements and ensure availability. Support manufacturing production planning, coordination and status activity.
- Provide support to assembly technicians. Participate in disposition, corrective action and cause processes of non-conforming product. Collaborate with design engineering team and assembly technicians during prototype and first-run activity to revise and/or redline instructions as required.
- Working knowledge of MRP in a manufacturing environment.
- May require customer and supplier interface on technical issuesJob Qualifications:
- Requires BS or higher in electrical engineering and 7+ years electrical manufacturing process creation experience or implementation.
- Extensive experience creating detailed step-by-step, item-by-item assembly and test documentation.
- Proficient schematics and circuit diagrams, engineering drawings, BOM and indentured parts lists.
- Work knowledge in assembly methods and processes including wire cutting, striping, splicing, contact or terminal crimping, marking, solder sleeve, heat shrinking and soldering. Experience with electrical testing including continuity, insulation resistance, dielectric withstand (hi-pot).
- Experience with molding/potting and shielding.
- Experience with SolidWorks CAD software is desired.
- Ability to develop cost improvement benefit analyses
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to management and customers.
- Experience working with an MRP system.
- Understanding of Lean Mfg. principles a plus. Mechanical experience a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Military Veterans welcome to applyFor immediate consideration, click here to apply! Company DescriptionSSL is the leading provider of geostationary commercial satellites, with experience building and integrating some of the worlds most powerful and complex satellites and spacecraft systems. The company has a long history of delivering reliable satellites and spacecraft systems for commercial and government customers around the world and currently has more geostationary commercial capacity on orbit than any other manufacturer. SSL works closely with satellite operators to provide spacecraft for a broad range of services including television and radio distribution, digital audio radio, broadband Internet, and mobile communications. Approximately 25 percent of the total U.S. Government leased commercial transponders are carried on SSL-built satellites. The company's SSL 1300 spacecraft has been proven over decades of on-orbit operation and provides a highly flexible, modular platform for incremental technology advances, with the industry's highest power capability. SSL has unprecedented experience with Ka-band and satellites for broadband communications and is the leader in putting broadband capacity in space. The company has been building Ka-band payloads for four decades and has experience building next generation satellites that provide more than 100 gigabit per second capacity. Company Description: Beginning with the world’s first communications satellite, Courier 1B, launched in 1960, SSL has manufactured more than 250 satellites, delivering in excess of 2,000 years of on-orbit service. Much of that total has been achieved by the three-axis-stabilized 1300 series, and more than one-third of those years were achieved by spacecraft that provided service beyond their contractual lives.In addition to complete satellites, SSL was the exclusive provider of batteries to the International Space Station for more than 10 years and has provided the U.S. Government with a variety of instruments including antennas on the Voyager spacecraft and a ranging system on the GRACE satellites. SSLÃs commercial platform has also been leveraged for numerous unique applications, such as GOES Weather satellites, Air Traffic Control in Japan, and a propulsion system for NASA's Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE).The company's reputation as a world leader is the result of its unparalleled commitment to mission assurance and its ability to provide advanced solutions that meet mission objectives based on space-proven heritage designs. Billions of people around the world depend on SSL-built satellites every day.
Keywords: Space Systems Loral, Pasadena , Electrical Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!