Satellilte Mechanical Hardware Engineer
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Overview Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation---s most important work. We---re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation---s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves---to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers. Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways---not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta---s talented and robust workforce---14,000 strong---stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let---s make an impact together. Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories Responsibilities In this position you will be developing mechanical space flight hardware, from concept to test, in support of JPL planetary exploration programs at our Pasadena location and will involve interfacing with JPL staff.
- The candidate will work in teams to design, developm, and test of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, and/or machines such as planetary rovers, landers, motion control systems, and surface sampling systems.
- Work in a collaborative environment to design, analyze, build and test mechanical components, devices, structures and assemblies, including mechanical ground support equipment (MGSE) and tooling for a Flight Project.
- Establish requirements, and specify interfaces for flight hardware under development. Work independently, and under the direction of the technical leads and project management. Develop procedures for build, test, assembly, and operation of mechanical hardware. Prepare, coordinate, and deliver formal and informal technical peer reviews. Qualifications Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, or related technical discipline
- 15+ years of related experience or equivalent.
- Experience in mechanisms and/or mechanical systems engineering.
- Ability to perform trade studies, develop conceptual configurations, engineer piece-parts and mechanical systems, and facilitate the fabrication, assembly, and qualification of hardware.
- Expertise in mechanical engineering disciplines for the design, analysis and test of structures and mechanisms, including strength of materials, machine and structure design, structural/mechanical testing, manufacturing engineering, mechanical systems, and machine shop practices.
- Experience using Unigraphics/Siemens NX CAD modeling software, in a Product Delivery Management (PDM) or similar Concurrent Engineering environment. TeamCenter experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering mechanical parts, assemblies or mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated experience performing stress analysis of structures and mechanical elements, using classical hand methods and Finite Element Modeling.
- Experience with spacecraft flight hardware development and test.
- Knowledge of Standards for Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Y14.5.
- Knowledge of academic and industry practices and standards across a range of applications related to the development, production and safety of space flight hardware and systems.
- Experience leading one or more junior engineers or techs on an engineering project. Options
Keywords: Perspecta, Pasadena , Satellilte Mechanical Hardware Engineer, Engineering , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!