Posted on: December 9, 2018
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:The Maintenance Technician assists with daily facility maintenance projects and provides needed repairs and regular preventative maintenance of equipment. The Maintenance Technician will also assist in coordinating outside vendors and contractors with repairs and communications. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, but are not limited to the following: · Provide general maintenance as needed for the Family Center and Adult Center locations.· Maintaining all aspects of plumbing and electrical systems· Maintaining in-house preventative maintenance program· Working with different volunteer groups on facilities related projects· Building, repairing or modifying items such as shelving, masonry, cabinets, and drawers· Communicating any additional needs to the janitorial, landscaping, and other vendors· Utilize and maintain a Monthly Maintenance Repair Log Book of all service activity· Maintain a working inventory of maintenance & repair supplies· Prepare routine reports and correspondence.· Complete daily walkthroughs to ensure sites are safe and maintenance concerns are addressed· Assist with locating supplies required for facility maintenance.· Maintain all vehicles in accordance with USHS vehicle policy including regular vehicle inspections and minor maintenance.· Review all needed repairs and maintain current CHP and DMV related documents to vehicles with Maintenance Supervisor. Upon approval, schedule appointments for service or repairs.· Provide written statements when appropriate or requested.· Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Operations Manager. PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:· Work is occasionally performed outdoors with exposure to extreme temperatures, as well as indoors in temperature-controlled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.· Ability to hear and talk clearly in order to give and receive information and instructions.· Stand and sit for long periods of time; move and walk to various locations; climb stairs and ladders, stoop, kneel, reach, pull, push, bend, twist, and lift and/or move objects (30-40 lbs.). Use hands to finger, handle or feel.· Visual acuity and peripheral vision in order to drive vehicles, perform repair work, and work with tools in a safe manner.· Ability to drive a vehicle safely. No incidents or history of mental problems, blackouts, or other limitations that would prevent operation of a motor vehicle.· Manual dexterity to perform repairs and use hand tools.· May involve exposure to irritating fluids, solids, or atmospheric conditions.· Interact effectively with other employees, clients, customers, or members of the public.· Ability to work independently to problem solve maintenance issues· Ability to multi-task priorities, manage time, perform duties under time constraints, and adapt to changing work demands.· Ability to perform arithmetic operations, gathers, analyze, classify information, and transcribe or post data.· High level of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods of time required.· Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:· Must have good working knowledge and experience with general handyman tasks e.g., basic plumbing, basic electrical, painting skills, basic carpentry including ability to work with a saw and drill, dry wall, plaster, tile, mechanical, etc.· Proficient with office communication equipment and office machines (telephone, copier, fax machine, personal computer).· Familiarity with Microsoft Word, email and Internet research.· Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.· Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.· Possess knowledge of the business and residential streets of the Pasadena area, and be able to navigate a vehicle in the area with or without the assistance of a Thomas Brothers Map Guide. EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:· Minimum of 2 years in providing facility maintenance or equivalent experience.· Must possess valid California Driver’s License and insurance.Please follow these instructions to apply:We are located at 2982 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91170 Phone number: 626-440-8225 Apply Online for Candidates: Computer or Smart Phone Go on www.peopleready.com Pick your state (California) Pick your city (Pasadena Branch 1534) Follow on screen directions on what to do nextTips before Applying:
- Make sure you have a valid email (that you know your password too!)
- Set aside enough time (1 ½ - 2 hours) to complete everything in one sitting
- Be in an environment with little distraction so you can fill everything out properlyTips as You Apply:
- Process is as follows: 3 steps on line & 1 in branch
- 1- My Information, after completing application go to your E-mail
- Look for Do not reply & click on the link
- Proceed in doing link
- 2- Integrity Test, Behavior survey Work Habits
- You will receive 1 e-mail please follow the link to complete Behavior assessment
- 3- My Paperwork onboarding (w-4, payment option, I9, E-signature, etc.)
- You will receive 1 e-mail please follow the link to complete Paperwork
- 4- Call branch to come in to have your 2 Right to work documents verify, (626)440-8225
- There will be a total of 6 emails that you will receive throughout the process
- 1- “Thank you for Applying” email which contains link for next step in the process (integrity Test)
- 2- After you compete Integrity Test, you will be prompted to reset your password
- 3- Invitation for the Safety Assessment
- 4- An email congratulating you on completing the safety assessment
- 5- My paperwork (w-4, payment option, etc.)
- 6- Congratulations for successfully getting on boarded!
- Refreshing your email will help make sure you don’t miss any of the emails that are coming in as there may have a few minute delay between each one Thank You Company DescriptionPeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work. Apply to join us today.
Keywords: PeopleReady, Pasadena , Maintenance Technician, Engineering , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!