Posted on: February 10, 2019
Overview Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers. Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together. Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories Responsibilities
- Routine technical and programmatic interface with JPL Project Managers, Project Element Managers, Task Managers, and Mission Assurance Managers to develop appropriate reliability engineering requirements and plans for JPL Space Projects.
- Lead and perform duties related to the selection, procurement, manufacture, use, and/or testing/screening of electronic parts in high reliability applications.
- Apply expert knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications and systems.
- Provide technical oversight of flight electronic parts tasks including the creation of engineering requirements specifications and drawings, and advising projects on part selections maximizing reliability while considering cost and schedule constraints.
- Apply extensive understanding of part and project risk knowledge to define part reliability and quality requirements and assess risks associated with waivers, deficiencies, and failures.
- Support project system and design teams, advise projects on the electronic part selection that maximizes reliability while considering schedule and cost constraints.
- Apply advanced understanding of electronic parts and project risk to define part quality requirements at onset of project work.
- Report on screening and/or failure test results and advise senior management and project.
- Advise project management on highly complex electronic part selections that maximize reliability while considering schedule and cost constraints.
- Position supports continuous refinement and improvement of development methodologies and processes.
- Position supports project team meetings and reviews, with a high degree of personal and professional responsibility. Qualifications Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- Requires Bachelor of Science degree with equivalent course work in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science/Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related technical discipline.
- Requires 25 years of experience in parts engineering activities.
- Experience must include expert knowledge in one or more of the following areas - RF Parts, Hybrid Parts, Photonics, VLSI Microelectronics or Passives Parts in support of parts development, fabrication, manufacturing, process integration, reliability assessment, and test and/or qualification.
- Extensive understanding and experience in the selection, procurement, manufacture, use, and testing/screening of high reliability electronic parts for spaceflight applications.
- Professional experience with EEE parts and supporting Mil-STDs.
- Requires an understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in electronic parts technologies resulting in contributions to the development of new test and qualification methodologies.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional reams, design engineers, line management, and project management.
- Excellent computer skills, including and use of computer-aided engineering tools.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to work with multiple interfaces is required.
- Preferred knowledge of DoD, NASA, and JEDEC specifications and requirements related to electronic parts. Options
Keywords: Perspecta, Pasadena , Parts/Components Engineer, Engineering , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!