Electronics Reliability Engineer III
Company: NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Posted on: August 12, 2019
Job ID: 10951
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world.
That's our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search
the universe for answers-literally. We build upon ideas that have
guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire
generations to come. Your mission-your opportunity-is to seek out
the answers that bring us one step closer. If you're driven to
discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and
beyond, you're ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment
situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains
and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion,
foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join
the Circuit Reliability Analysis Group (5139). As a Circuit
Reliability Engineer, you will fully participate in the reliability
effort of highly complex and critical systems, electronic
subsystems, and electro-mechanical devices, and inform senior
project and line management of reliability risks. Your work will
focus on improving JPL designs, verifying the designs will meet
mission requirements, and identifying risks to mission success. You
will be responsible for the following:
- Verifying the reliability of systems, subsystems, and
assemblies down to the circuit and component level.
- The performance and documentation of design verification
analyses and the independent review of these analyses.
- Working with design organizations to troubleshoot and resolve
technical issues, supporting the closure of anomaly reports.
- Making and evaluating technical trade-offs with regard to risk,
cost, and schedule for a project.
- Working closely with Project Reliability (5131) staff to
support coordination of reliability tasks, overseeing the work of
contract labor support personnel, and representing JPL while
interfacing with customers to support successful reliability
assurance activities for a project.
- Preparing, negotiating, and implementing detailed planning
templates in support of performing circuit reliability analyses
while adhering to projects schedules and budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, or related
technical discipline with typically a minimum of 6 years of related
experience; master's degree in similar disciplines with a minimum
of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines
with a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in circuit
design and/or analyses including, but not limited to electronic
parts-stress analysis (EPSA), worst-case circuit analysis (WCA),
power supply transient analysis (PSTA), single-event effects
analysis (SEEA), failure modes, effects, and criticality analysis
(FMECA), and Ground Support Equipment Failure Modes and Effects
Analysis (GSE FMEA).
- Detailed knowledge and expertise of one, or more, of the
following circuit technologies: analog, digital, mixed signal, or
- Experience applying advanced principles, theories and concepts
in reliable circuit, subsystem, and systems design.
- Ability to make good technical judgements in a fast paced
environment without risking product quality.
- Ability to fully support a technical lead and subject matter
experts on multidisciplinary teams and occasionally lead those
- Ability to implement with a high degree of independence and
- Ability to lead a task and manage its execution.
- Experience presenting work in management and/or design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Strong design or analysis experience in Analog Circuitry or
Power Supply design.
- Experience with system reliability concepts and tools.
- Experience supporting the creation of reliable cost estimation,
tracking cost and schedule for work performed, technical risk
assessment, and reliability assurance-related anomaly report
- Currently hold or be able to successfully obtain a security
clearance at the TS/SCI level. (SSBI w/poly)
Connect with Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
JPL is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
employer and will, whenever possible, actively recruit and include
for employment members of underrepresented minority groups,
females, disabled veterans, protected veterans, and otherwise
qualified persons with disabilities. JPL will hire, transfer, and
promote based on the qualifications of the individual to ensure
equal consideration and fair treatment of all.
JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about "EEO
is the Law" click here: eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules
imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of
designated countries unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of
the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
The Designated Countries List is available at
If you are interested in applying for employment with Jet
Propulsion Laboratory and need special assistance or an
accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human
Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or via email at
Written requests may be mailed to: Jet Propulsion Laboratory,
Attention: Staffing and Employment Programs, 4800 Oak Grove Drive,
Mail Stop T1720C, Pasadena, CA 91109
Keywords: NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena , Electronics Reliability Engineer III, Engineering , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!