Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Company: CIRCOR International
Posted on: October 23, 2019
LOCATION: Corona, CA
DIRECT REPORTING: Quality Manager
ABOUT CIRCOR AEROSPACE & DEFENSE
CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is focused on the design, development,
and manufacture of specialty fluid and motion control products for
demanding aerospace and defense applications. CIRCOR products are
flying on most commercial and military aircraft, including single
and twin aisle air transport, business and regional jets, military
transports and fighters, and commercial and military rotorcraft.
Other markets include unmanned aircraft, shipboard applications,
and military ground vehicles.
Business units are in Corona, California; Warren, Massachusetts;
Hauppauge, New York; Paris, France; Uxbridge, UK; and Tangier,
Morocco. Parent company CIRCOR International is headquartered in
Burlington, Massachusetts and CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is
headquartered in Corona, California.
The senior quality assurance engineer shall support the business in
the areas of new product development, lean implementation, process
capability improvement, daily production support, project
management, technical data interpretation/analysis (engineering
drawings, specifications, technical publications, component
maintenance manuals, purchase orders, etc.), and quality system
* Interface with customer Quality representatives on all
Quality-related issues and activities. RCCA, Concession submittals
and Quality Clinic
* Drive manufacturing process capability improvements through
variation reduction, error-proofing, and implementation of
statistical process control.
* Collect and analyze quality data to identify and prioritize
opportunities for improvement of products and processes.
* Provide leadership on problem solving teams to drive root cause
analysis and Corrective/Preventive Action (CAPA) plans.
* Represent Quality department on the New Product Introduction
(NPI) teams. Perform contract review and drive design-for-quality
* Review and approve First Article Inspection reports per
* Perform Purchase Order review for existing and legacy
* Review customer Source Control Drawings, Specifications, and
* Manage major program manufacturing process qualification.
* Support Supplier Quality Engineering for supplier quality
* Validate and respond to Corrective and Preventive Action Requests
(CAR/PAR) from both internal and external customers.
* Witness the tear down and evaluation of the customer-returned
products in the MRO area.
* Participate on Material Review Board (MRB) and Configuration
Control Board (CCB) processes.
* Develop process flow charts/diagrams and Process Failure Mode
Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
* Create statistically valid control plans for manufacturing
* Use lean and six sigma tools to drive process and product
* Conduct and participate in the internal and external quality
system, process, and product audits.
* Provide technical leadership to inspection team members.
* Support product/process certifications and approvals.
* Develops, monitors and analyzes product/process trend data in
order to optimize manufacturing performance and minimize product
and process variability and associated production costs.
* Develops and establishes problem/process root cause and
definitive corrective action plans necessary to reduce Scrap,
Rework and Repair costs.
* Coordinates / makes modifications to existing procedures,
production processes, engineering specifications, and inspection
techniques/plans/procedures. Monitors results necessary to validate
* Develops product quality plans and inspection methodologies.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Quality
* Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in aerospace quality
and manufacturing. Experience in blueprint reading and Geometric
Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T). Experience with various raw
materials and manufacturing and quality inspection processes
(machining, heat treating, anodizing, painting, NDT, etc.).
Experience with flight critical components/systems is a plus.
* High ethical standards. Models and supports organization s goals
and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence
and overcomes obstacles.
* Strong business/technical writing, presentation, planning,
problem solving, organizational, project management and
* Knowledge of government contract requirements.
* Knowledge of major aerospace prime customer requirements.
* Familiar with FAA Repair Station regulations and
* Six sigma tools and methodology; green belt or black belt
experience is a plus.
* Lean manufacturing practices to improve product/process
* Excellent problem solving skills aimed at identifying and
correcting the root causes of problems
* Demonstrated working knowledge of problem solving tools: 5-Whys,
Failure mode and effects analysis, 8-D, Pareto analysis, fault tree
analysis, and Ishikawa diagrams.
* Aerospace Quality Management Systems: ISO 9001, AS9100, AS9110,
FAR 21, FAR 145, and Nadcap requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to create and implement statistically valid
control plans and audit plans
* Working knowledge of inspection metrology and proper application
of automated measuring equipment
* Excellent working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and
* Ability to create and/or review failure analysis reports and
perform dimensional tolerance stack up analyses
* Experience in industrialization processes such as PPAP, PVI (DVI)
with FAI per AS9102
Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, and
other application software
Bachelor of Science degree in technical discipline, ASQ or
extensive verifiable experience in lieu of degree. Masters of
Science is a plus.
CIRCOR IS AN EEO EMPLOYER OF FEMALES / MINORITIES / VETERANS /
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
Apply Not ready to Apply*
Keywords: CIRCOR International, Pasadena , Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Engineering , Corona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!