Vice President, International Business and Operations
Company: Inter-Con Security
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Vice President, International Business and Operations Job
Location Washington DC (10510) - Washington, DC Position Type Full
Time Description Overview Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security
Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing a
full range of physical security services to government and
commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con (ICS) provides
custom client solutions tailored to quality with the flexibility to
operate in highly complex environments. The firm specializes in
providing tailored services to clients whose needs exceed the
sophistication and expertise of traditional guard firms. Inter-Con
remains under family ownership and control and operates as the
industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement
security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security
personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of
professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and
security experience. Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters. Job
Description Inter-Con is currently looking for a--Vice President of
International Business Strategy and Operations. The position is
responsible for the development and management of the global
strategy and portfolio roadmaps for the Latina America and Africa.
In this role they will provide leadership and oversight for
Inter-Con's International business development strategy that
supports the growth and P&L goals region. This position will
directly collaborate with the President and Chief Operating Officer
and shall lead all of the International initiatives. -- Essential
Job Functions & Duties
- Provide leadership to International Operations activities
including market research and analysis, strategic business
planning, new business forecasting and strategic capture, and
bidding and proposal activities.
- In collaboration with the International Business Units, lead
growth objectives by ensuring new business strategies are
integrated across the Division and proposal requirements are
managed effectively and efficiently.
- Leads quarterly meetings with the staff to review the 5 Year
- Ensures all international personnel are fully engaged and
cognizant of the strategies, objectives, planning, their
accountability(ies) and other activities to achieve growth and
- In concert with the International Business Units, develop and
maintain strategic customer relationships.
- Understand customer decision-making and funding process. Find
new business opportunities, validate opportunities, define customer
requirements and lead the transition effort to a capture leads to
conduct the proposal and capture effort.
- Organize and ensure the Strategy & International Operations
team is staffed to execute the vision and strategy, and meet the
goals and objectives of the business.
- Ensure the integration of the establishment and maintenance of
customer communications, marketing and branding material and
related collateral including advertising campaigns, publicity
releases and promotional activities across the International
- Lead the strategic planning process and ensure that appropriate
analysis is conducted which includes competitive market analysis,
internal review of SWOT, and prioritization of opportunities.
- Strengthen the team's effectiveness by training, coaching,
counseling, and assessing performance; communicating values,
strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning,
monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives;
resolving conflicts, and establishing a climate encouraging open
communications of information, issues, and opinions.
- Create an environment that inspires employees to take personal
ownership for achieving business goals and objectives, and for
continuous performance improvement. Applicants must meet the
following minimum qualifications :
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Minimum Education Required: Masters in Business
- Ten plus years in direct related experience in International
- Deep understanding of Government Contracting terms and
- Must have proven relative experience to demonstrate the ability
to lead an organization with international customers and
- Demonstrated success developing and executing short and long
term business plans and strategies designed to assure timely orders
and sales resulting in company growth is essential.
- Experience and understanding of forecasting, investment
strategy, standard estimating and budgeting practices, capture
planning and proposal development is also a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation
skills and ability to perform formal presentations to all level of
the organization and with the customer community is required.
- Ability to travel International sites.
- Must have a high sense of urgency; is resourceful and action
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
- Works well with management, peers and subordinates
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff Inter-Con
Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who
provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females,
veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected
groups. License PPO# 6822 Qualifications Apply Now Legal First Name
* Legal Last Name * Email * Phone Attach Resume By selecting
Keywords: Inter-Con Security, Pasadena , Vice President, International Business and Operations, Executive , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!