Director - Gene Therapy Research Pasadena
Company: CSL Limited
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Director - Gene Therapy Research Pasadena United States of
America R-131026 2012 CSL Behring L.L.C. About CSL With operations
in 35+ nations and -27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to
develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat
disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and
vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in
cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring
is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused
on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often
rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the
world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create
CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine
companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in
pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and
control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities
available around the globe and consider building your promising
future at CSL by becoming a member of our team! Job Description Job
Description Summary The incumbent will provide high-level
scientific expertise and leadership capacity in the specialist area
of gene therapy with responsibility for the delivery of gene
therapy candidates to the research project pipeline. The incumbent
will work closely with the Senior Director, Head of Molecular
Biology and other CSL colleagues as appropriate to identify project
opportunities, to set project objectives and to determine and
implement key scientific and technical strategy within the global
CSL research organisation. As Director - Gene Therapy, the
incumbent will lead a dedicated team to achieve specified research
project objectives within defined time parameters. ---
Responsibilities: Technical Knowledge:
- Provide expert and authoritative scientific advice to group /
project team members in the specialist area of gene therapy
technologies including LVV vector engineering and development, gene
editing, non-viral gene delivery, LVV production and translational
research to advance gene therapy candidates toward clinical
- Maintain high-level awareness of key scientific/technical
strategies and innovative technological developments in specialist
- Investigate and solve complex conceptual problems, applying
well-developed research skills in respect of specialist area.
- Provide professional capacity and credibility to lead
- Provide leadership, guidance, support and motivation to
relevant program/project teams.
- Attend and actively participate at research group
meetings/reviews as required.
- Build commitment to program/project objectives and common
goals, setting standards for self and others.
- Work to develop overall competency of program/project team
members, encouraging learning and development opportunities.
- Assess performance of relevant program/project team members
providing salary, training and career development recommendations
to Head of Molecular Biology.
- When required, lead and manage research projects as a "Project
Scientific Co-ordinator (PSC)". Decision Making:
- Assess and interpret broad research needs i.e. make
recommendations and/or decisions taking into account wider
scientific and business environment.
- Provide and lead, high-level analysis in expert area,
determining approach in collaboration with others.
- Contribute to an environment that fosters innovation and
calculated risk-taking within the program/project team
- Explore complex research options; demonstrating a capacity for
leading edge thinking and conceptualisation.
- Demonstrate and encourage originality and creativity within the
- Identify and communicate novel technology platforms and
relevant areas of research to Senior Director, Head of Molecular
Biology. Planning & Coordination:
- Plan and coordinate programs/projects in alignment with CSL
Research Group objectives.
- Anticipate and plan for scientific/departmental outcomes and/or
- Identify, communicate and plan any resource management issues
in collaboration with Head of Molecular Biology to optimise
opportunities. Relationship Building:
- Develop cooperative relationships with subordinates, peers and
superiors based on mutual respect and trust.
- Develop close working relationships with key program/project
team members and cross-functional departments.
- Integrate and support program/project team members in relevant
- Motivate and maintain focus of program/project team members as
- Impart and transfer technical knowledge and expertise to
relevant team members.
- Maintain and build CSL's research profile within academic and
industry contacts (networks).-- Essential
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or
related discipline with extensive experience in relevant industry
and / or academic environments
- Relevant and demonstrated expertise in academic or industrial
- Record of scientific excellence demonstrated by presentation
and publication of scientific work and actual project work
- Extensive background in molecular biology, gene therapy
technologies (including LVV vector engineering and development,
gene editing, non-viral gene delivery, LVV production). Experience
with AAV/AV gene therapy platforms will be highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and inspire team members.
- Position located at Pasadena
- Travel domestic and internationally when required (15-25%)
Share: State/Province California Street Address 35 N. Lake Avenue
Primary Location CSL Behring Pasadena Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Equal Opportunity Employer CSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If
you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process, please click
Keywords: CSL Limited, Pasadena , Director - Gene Therapy Research Pasadena, Executive , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!