Test Manager - Silicon Photonics
Posted on: April 5, 2021
If you are a Test Manager/Lead with Silicon Photonics
experience, please read on!
Job Title: Test Manager/Lead - Silicon Photonics
Job Location: Pasadena, CA - Relocation assistance offered!
Compensation: $160K - $215K+ base DOE
Our company's core technology platform was developed with a total
focus on high volume manufacture of highly integrated
optical/electronic devices. Our large waveguide photonics platform
offers multiple benefits over conventional solutions. These
benefits include higher density waveguide circuit design, better
manufacturing tolerance, superior optical power handling, and a
more efficient interface from the photonics IC to the physical
Our company's technology simplifies the manufacturing, assembly,
and test process while maximizing the power efficiency of the
Over half of our team holds advanced technical degrees (M.Sc and
PhD) and it includes world recognized experts in photonics process
development, photonics device design and modeling, high speed CMOS
mixed signal circuits, optical circuit switching, optical sensing
and measurement systems, and network systems architecture. Our
business leaders have amassed a spectacular track record including
in multiple photonics start-ups with impressive investor returns,
in growing high volume optical manufacturing at scale, and in
forging market-leading communications semiconductor product lines.
Together, the team is driving a vision for pervasive silicon
photonics across a broad range of high volume applications.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Competitive Compensation ($160K - $215K+ base Depending on
- Comprehensive Benefits package including equity and relocation
- The chance to join a rapidly growing well funded late-stage
Silicon Photonics start-up with huge upside potential!
What You Will Be Doing
The Senior Photonics Test Manager will be responsible for leading
Photonics device characterization, testing and debug.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Define testing strategy, detailed test method and flows from
fab(as required), Wafer-Level Testing (WLT), chip testing, delivery
- Function as the test expert for Silicon Photonics across
- Design and document test flows from wafer level to KGD
generation and define roadmap for Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC)
test time reduction and volume scaling
- Lead and review test related design review and process debug
activities by interfacing with design and process engineers
- Manage test material flowing through the labs to make sure test
data is accurate, test timing is optimal with Lab Manager Engineer,
and see data flow is efficient (migrate all to DB)
- Scope out & procure required measurement equipment required for
all aspects of test and automation, and establish for one year
future test efforts/CapX $plan
- Define and develop strategic testing required for next
generation products, and define/lead automation efforts
- Manage and co-ordinate the overall lab in our Pasadena Lab with
- Train, Manage and grow test team resources by making
appropriate hires with good justification
- Assist with setting up demos for customer walk-thru-lab tours
and trade shows as requested
What You Need for this Position
Must have a Master's Degree (PhD preferred) in Electrical
Engineering, Physics, or similar with 7+ years experience/knowledge
of the following:
- Opto-electronics/Semiconductor testing experience in both
R&D and some production of Si Photonics Intregated Circuit
(PIC) and Devices (InP and Si);
- Photonic chip testing, test system setup, test procedure,
optical test equipment, and precision alignment system and
- Knowledge of photonics test equipment, electrical instrument
and RF test equipment.
- Knowledge of photonics devices such as waveguides, AWG, high
speed modulators and photodetectors is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools: MS Word and Excel and
Powerpoint and Data analysis tools (MATLAB,JMP, Python.), ability
to program instruments (Labview, C#, Python.)
- Familiarity with ERP systems, and especially SQL type databases
and data analysis
- Strong written and analytical for test report generation
- Self-directed and motivated, strong team player.
- Companywide Values: Customers, Results, Excellence, Innovation
What's In It for You
- We are the best in the business and we will do what it takes to
get like-minded folks on board!
- High Salaries and bonuses
- Flexible work environment, flex hours and day
- Our Equity offering is extremely competitive, we are looking
for candidates who are interested in taking a vested interest in
our success, and we are more than willing to share the rewards of
that success with them!
- We offer a stimulating and innovative work environment
So, if you are a Test Manager with Silicon Photonics experience,
please apply today! or send an updated copy of your resume to for
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and
going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to
apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You
must keep the JobID: linkedin : MV1- -- in the email subject line
for your application to be considered.***
Mike Vandenbergh - Lead Recruiter - CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
CyberCoders will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles
qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
Keywords: CyberCoders, Pasadena , Test Manager - Silicon Photonics, Executive , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!