Veterans Preferred - Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking
Company: City National Bank
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Job Details:
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER, COMMERCIAL BANKING
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Develops and manages relationships with commercial clients in the
assigned business segment and/or geographic areas. Presents a
variety of product solutions to client needs. Provides responsive,
quality service. Approves transactions within delegated authority.
Manages overall relationship profitability and portfolio risk and
is responsible for profitable growth of the portfolio assigned.
This may be accomplished through active calling efforts and
referrals from existing customers, providing the CNB exemplary
level of service, identifying and promoting solutions to customer
needs, and maintaining an active calling program.
Commercial Banking Division
As a member of City National's Commercial Banking group, you will
help to provide expertise and financing solutions to mid-market
businesses and organizations with professional management,
headquartered in the United States. By listening and understanding
the client's needs, the team delivers specialized service and
industry-specific expertise to help solve challenges for companies
that are growing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Identifies develops and builds profitable relationships with
prospects and customers consistent with the objectives of the
- Actively works with customers and develops prospects consistent
with the credit culture of the bank. Is pro-actively identifying
and working with customers to ensure the credit quality standards
of the bank.
- Develops relationships and support other CNB departments and
colleagues to provided customers and prospects the solutions
recommended. Participates in internal and external community
activities as a representative of CNB, promoting and attracting new
colleagues and customers.
- Prepares a Relationship Plan and calling schedule for each
client or prospect in conjunction with the strategic business
development program. Identifies business opportunities and solicits
referrals of other Bank products or services and/or externally from
existing customers, a network of referral sources, and other
professionals in the industry. Develops a strong understanding of
company, industry, business and needs to assist in customer calling
efforts. Sets objectives for each relationship in terms of revenue
- Calls on existing or prospective clients to discuss and promote
all Bank products and services in order to establish a total client
banking relationship. Discusses financing opportunities and general
business conditions; may assist in forecasting clients' credit
needs and develops solutions to serve their financial needs. Brings
in product specialists, as necessary, to help problem solve or
- Negotiates transactions; prices loan products within targeted
rate of return; documents and closes loan transactions, ensures
conformance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements. Exercises
sound credit and risk judgement in approving transactions.
Recommends approval when transaction size exceeds authority limits.
Ensures the quality of all business introduced to the Bank.
- Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic
and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations,
and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Interfaces with other Bank departments as necessary. Defines
responsibilities and coordinates objectives for all product areas
in a relationship or transaction. Resolves all client needs and any
- Monitors and analyzes relationship results and account
activities. Determines client profitability. Makes a recommendation
regarding accounts to be further developed or eliminated. Prepares
reports for management.
- Monitors portfolio for quality, risk and adherence to policy.
Works with the appropriate staff departments to resolve
- Maintains awareness of competitive products, practices, rates
and changes in market conditions.
- Analyzes problem credits and meets with client to develop
solutions to minimize loss exposure.
- May serve as a product specialist acting as a technical
consultant to clients and Relationship Managers in various business
segments and geographic locations.
- Relationships in portfolio may contain numerous accounts
requiring extensive operational expertise to manage workflow to
match client needs, risk control and maximize cross selling
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of lending experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of credit experience required
Skills and Knowledge
- Good understanding of all products and services applicable to
target client segment.
- Good knowledge of commercial credit policies and procedures,
and bank operations policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing abilities.
- Good credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Capable of working well independently and in teams.
- Has the ability to work autonomously in making sound business
decisions and exercises appropriate level of authority commensurate
with experience and responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Strong demonstrated sales and marketing abilities including
cross selling skills.
- Superior client relationship skills.
- Good understanding of commercial credit policies and
- General knowledge of Bank credit products and underwriting
standards required to identify credit opportunities with clients
and initiate the credit transaction.
- Sound credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Must be able to work autonomously in making sound business
decisions and exercising appropriate level of authority
commensurate with experience and responsibility.
- Must be capable of working well independently and in
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one
we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients,
colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded
in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of
integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships
continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a
subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading
diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: City National Bank, Pasadena , Veterans Preferred - Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking, Executive , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!