Director Of Revenue Management
Company: Langham Hospitality Group
Posted on: June 18, 2022
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:This position is accountable for
ensuring that the hotel is maximizing room revenues. -It
encompasses marketing information, analyzing ongoing room revenue
production, and performing other duties as assigned by the General
Manager. -RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
- Meet or exceed all room revenue goals established in the hotel
- Monitor transient, group and volume business thresholds within
12-18 month period to ensure measurable improvements for demand and
- Maintain projections on the effect future volume contracts and
group sales have on average rate and occupancy potentials, as well
as rooms profit within the current 12 - 18 month period.
- Supply critical analysis on the effect of short range decisions
effecting occupancy, average rate and room profit goals within the
- Analyze citywide events/activities and evaluate the potential
opportunities they create.
- Monitor competitive set analysis
- Prepare action steps and recommendations on a regular basis for
- Develop packages in conjunction with the DOSM and load into
property management system as appropriate.
- Disseminate sell rates to the Sales Managers through an
- Evaluate available rate and change if necessary depending on
rooms still unsold, the number of selling days remaining, the day
of the week, the season of the year, and the forecasted demand for
the days involved. -The system should be automated through the
Property Management System.
- Ensure that revenue is maximized for each market segment and
through each distribution system, SABRE, APOLLO, WORLDSPAN, and
other global GDS as well as property direct systems.
- Evaluate available room types and open or close depending on
availability and oversell strategies.
- Evaluate minimum length of stay requirements and increase or
remove as needed.
- Review all group proposals and provide the DOSM and strategy
team with qualified analysis of how each booking will impact
occupancy, average rate and rooms profit over the dates in
- Prepare reports and analysis necessary to conduct daily
business review meeting.
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising and marketing
programs, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Conduct weekly rooms revenue strategy meetings (attendees:
-General Manager, Director of Sales and Marketing, Controller,
Rooms Division Manager, and Reservations Manager) where the current
120 - day booking period is evaluated for proper rate and
availability control. -Provide a synopsis of results vs. decisions
from the previous week and lead discussion for future issues.
- Evaluate available rate, room types for the 121 - 180 day
period, using the same methods as above.
- Prepare all reports and analysis necessary to conduct the above
stated meetings. --- - - - - - - - -Monthly
- Explore and provide variations in the market mix which would
stimulate additional revenue without increasing costs. -Assure
hotel is using the highest yield of transient, group and volume mix
- Evaluate all new franchise and transient programs, providing
the Rooms Revenue Strategy Committee with revenue analysis.
- Prepare all reports and analysis necessary to conduct the
Monthly Rev Max meeting --- - - - - - - - -Yearly
- Assist -DOSM in the preparation of the annual forecast on a day
by day basis by market segment. -Once approved, this becomes the
plan for the coming year.
- Review with the GM and DOSM all wholesale contracts and provide
them with qualified analysis of how each contract will impact
occupancy, average rate, and rooms profit over the time period of
the contract.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires sufficient mobility to access all areas of the hotel
as well as competitor hotels and major customer offices.
- Requires sufficient physical strength and dexterity to
demonstrate skills associated with direct customer interaction and
the handling of administrative detail.
- Requires the ability to clearly speak and correspond in writing
with employees, vendors, business associates and customers.SPECIAL
- Statistically oriented with strong analytical abilities and
managerial skills. -Ability to research and develop customized
programs to enhance revenues.
- Ability to maintain efficient and effective means of
communication and follow-up with the GM, DOSM and property staff to
meet planned goals and objectives of room revenue
- Must be able to coordinate and communicate effectively on all
levels of the organization. -EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Business, Statistical Analysis or Hotel Management degree
- Previous managerial and reservations systems experience.
- Proficiency in a major Hotel PMS system, current/database
software.LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
Keywords: Langham Hospitality Group, Pasadena , Director Of Revenue Management, Executive , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!