Research Project Manager, Epidemiologic Research
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Position is largely remote will require residency in the state
of California. Job Summary:Manages all aspects of a medium to large
scale research study and two (2) or more small to medium-sized
studies or two (2) to four (4) medium to large studies. Supervises
project staff. Works independently in accordance with established
objectives. Work subject to occasional review.Essential
- Manages all aspects of a medium to large scale research study
and two (2) or more small to medium-sized studies or two (2) to
four (4) medium to large studies.
- May assist in development of study tools (e.g. tracking forms,
questionnaires, chart review forms, etc.).
- Develops and implements study protocols/ operation
- Monitors progress of study activities (e.g. data collection and
validation, recruitment, pilot studies, focus groups, etc.) and
ensures that study objectives are met.
- Contributes to high level discussions with funding agencies and
research teams from other organizations.
- Prepares progress reports independently and/ or
- May participate in the training of new team members and/or
- Ensures that all staff administrative requirements and
certifications are complete and current.
- Identifies staff training needs and resources to address
- Assists in the creation and dissemination of staff development
- If assigned to clinical trial, will work with Sponsors/
monitors at clinical sites.
- Adheres to compliance and privacy/ confidentiality requirements
- Adheres to GCP and compliance regulations for clinical
- Oversees data collection and conducts data analysis. Implements
quality control and quality assurance measures.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of KP systems and
- Makes decisions for day-to-day operations of projects including
the resolution of technical problems and questions from project
- Collaborates with Sr. Research Project Managers and Unit
Manager to facilitate Unit operations.
- Negotiates and manages time commitments and resources.
- Interfaces with IRB and drafts IRB protocols, amendments,
continuing reviews, etc.
- Supervises and manages the day-to-day activities of project
staff including evaluating performance and conducting regular and
annual performance meetings.
- Mentors, develops and trains staff.
- Conducts hiring and disciplinary actions in partnership with
the Unit Manager.
- Provides consultation to investigators and project coordinators
on staffing and staff-related concerns.
- Forms project team(s) and responsible for staff resources.
- May provide leadership and direction to multidisciplinary
- May co-author scientific papers with the investigator for
presentation and/ or publication.
- Creates professional presentations and presents at
professional/ scientific meetings.
- Serves as a member and may provide leadership on department or
- Prepares, manages and balances project budgets.
- Seeks to develop cost effective ways to manage study
- Assists investigators in developing and preparing grant
proposals by contributing to portions of grant proposals.
- May contribute to development of study methodology. Basic
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a healthcare and/or
research setting to include management responsibility.
- Minimum six (6) years of professional experience in research
principles, design and strategies, biostatistical analyses and data
- Minimum five (5) years of self-directed work managing projects,
preferably research projects.
- Minimum four (4) years leadership experience to include two (2)
years of direct personnel management experience. Education
- Masters degree in public health, healthcare administration,
epidemiology, or related field, OR six (6) years of experience in a
directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. License, Certification, Registration
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Ability and/or experience in developing and implementing
- Conducts and interprets quantitative and/ or qualitative
- Experience developing and presenting professional reports and
presentations to senior-level audiences.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, preferably research
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters degree, preferably in the healthcare field.Note:
- Research Project Manager, Epidemiologic Research (California
Residency required for employment).
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Pasadena , Research Project Manager, Epidemiologic Research, Executive , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...