Senior Account Manager Commercial Lines (REMOTE)
Posted on: May 28, 2023
NFP Corp.Job Type: Full timePosted 1 day ago Be brave, not
perfect. - Reshma Saujani Who We Are:We're a six-time Best Places
to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the
5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance
Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award
winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading
Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits,
Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client
solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because
we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our
team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful
relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17
international locations. To learn more, please visit:
https://www.NFP.com.NFP Property & Casualty is searching for a Sr.
Account Manager to join their team. As an Account Manager you will
serve and grow a book of Commercial Insurance clients assigned to
you by independently executing standard NFP client service
deliverables. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Be nimble in your approach in identifying exposures,
determining the appropriate solutions to those exposures and
advising the customer of why the solutions are the best fit for
- Generating revenue growth results by identifying needs for
additional lines of coverage, cross-selling internally to P&C,
Group Benefits, and Wealth Management departments, and generating
referrals for new opportunities.
- Be the lead in maintaining personal, long-term relationships
with the clients, insurance carrier representatives and NFP
staff.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess and maintain a positive mental attitude, including
positive working relationships with clients and agency
- Engage and utilize supporting service support teams per agency
guidelines to effectively provide customer service deliverables in
a quality and timely manner.
- Professional and prompt customer service including phone, email
and walk-in inquiries on new and existing client accounts,
including client questions on topics such as coverage, billing,
reporting of claims, audits, etc.
- Effectively determine appropriate actions for all account
renewals 150-120 days prior to the effective date. Involve Account
Executives and/or Producers as necessary.
- Proactively initiate and execute account reviews with clients
per agency guidelines and procedures.
- Assist Account Executives/Producers with marketing Carriers for
appropriate coverage as needed.
- Facilitate requests and needs of Carriers on behalf of
- Secure and prepare summaries of clients' historical Loss
- Prepare pre-renewal information for client's review and
- Process completed applications, including follow-up for
- Request policy changes as requested by client, Account
Executive or Producer.
- Check Policies, Endorsements and Policy Audits for
- Monitor financial status of accounts, collect premiums, and
adhere to agency collection policies.
- Work on special projects as assigned at the direction of
Account Executive and office leadership.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and
function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and
- Customer-focused to establish and maintain effective
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products,
specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines,
and technology.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or general education degree (GED), college
- Must have P&C License
- Minimum 3 years previous P&C insurance office experience
- Professional insurance designation preferred (such as CIC,
CISR, CPCU, etc.).What We Offer:NFP is proud to offer a competitive
salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount
programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst
culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships
with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be
there for others. The base salary range for this position is $
47,400-$80,000 . The base salary offered will be determined by
factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials,
education, certifications, skill level required for the position,
the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base
salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In
addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for
performance-based incentives.NFP and You... Better Together!NFP is
an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. "I'm proud to
be part of an organization that celebrates diversity, promotes
inclusion and provides opportunities for everyone to thrive. But we
know we can go further. With empowerment and accountability we will
become the model for fostering an environment where everyone feels
they belong." Pamela Wheeler SVP, Chief Diversity & Inclusion
Keywords: Work180, Pasadena , Senior Account Manager Commercial Lines (REMOTE), Executive , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...