Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Posted on: October 8, 2018
Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Everbridge is looking for a full-time leader for its Application Operations team with functional knowledge in all areas of technology operations and site reliability. The ideal candidate will fulfill the critical role of ensuring our systems are healthy, monitored, and designed to scale. The successful candidate should have hands-on experience in a web-scale leadership role with emphasis on software-as-a-service. Candidates should also have experience designing, planning, implementing, tuning and operating technology including application servers, virtual machine & container management, micro-service architectures, clustering technology, configuration management and creative scaling techniques.
About the team:
- As the leader of our Application Operations team, you will join a team of dedicated, intelligent, fast-paced engineers. You'll work in a cutting edge hybrid cloud environment that will power our company's impressive growth. We are smart, innovative, and ambitious, and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
- Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our offices here .
- Meet the Everbridge team here.
- Lead the Everbridge application operations team
- Drive architecture principles, operability guidelines and progressive scaling techniques within the Everbridge platforms
- Help develop and maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of all components
- Work with each team member to establish career and goal planning
- Facilitate the evaluation of new software, automation, and infrastructure solutions
- Collaborate with architects, developers, data engineers, and infrastructure engineers on designing scalable and highly available platforms.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for application platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Help drive the capacity planning process
- Experience in application design and deployment with a high volume customer facing website
- Experience with large-scale Linux production environments, preferably as part of an online service provider environment
- Strong sense of ownership of projects and tasks assigned
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Hands on experience with release, deployment, and environment management
- Experience with application virtualization and containerization technologies (Nomad, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, CoreOS/rkt)
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code tools and concepts (e.g. Salt/Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- Experience with big data systems and distributed systems
- Working knowledge of advanced open source web, database, and OS server configuration (Linux, Consul, Nginx, Tomcat, MongoDB, ElasticSearch (ELK), ZooKeeper, Redis)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and hybrid cloud environments (VMware vSphere, AWS EC2 and abstracted PaaS solution family)
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- U.S. Citizen
- Able to pass a Federal drug screening
- At least 3+ years of experience leading a customer facing application operations team.
- At least 7+ experience working in a fast-paced senior engineering role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 500+ dedicated employees support over 3,700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about "Making a Difference," and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: EverBridge, Pasadena , Manager, Site Reliability Engineering, Executive , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!