Area Medical Director
Company: Humana Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
DescriptionAREA MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Job Description Summary
Healthcare isn't just about health anymore. It's about caring for
family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It's about
living life fully. At Partners in Primary Care, (PIPC), we want to
help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best
lives. At PIPC, we're seeking innovative people who want to make
positive changes in their lives, the lives of our patients, and the
healthcare industry as a whole.
The Area Medical Director serves as a health-care professional and
capable of handling a variety of health-related problems. The Area
Medical Director requires a solid understanding of how organization
capabilities interrelate across multiple
clinics/centers.Responsibilities We are excited to share that we
are in the process of changing our name to CenterWell Senior
Primary Care. We expect our name transition to be complete by the
first part of April 2021. We feel our new name will better reflect
our commitment to deliver senior-focused primary care and
reinforces our commitment to putting patients at the center of what
we do every single day. The new name truly captures how we support
senior health and wellness from every angle - physical, emotional
and social. Join a team committed to making seniors healthier and
happier every day by putting them at the center of everything we
The Area Medical Director has similar job duties as a Physician,
namely focusing on outpatient medicine, continuity of care, health
maintenance, and disease prevention. The Area Medical Director is
also responsible for administrative oversight and outcomes for
clinical providers designated to their area. Keeps a medical
history and medical records. Refers the patient to specialists as
needed. Decisions are typically related to identifying and
resolving complex technical and operational problems within
clinics/centers.The Area Medical Director will spend 50% of their
time clinically focused on direct patient care, with the remaining
time dedicated to administrative duties related to oversight of
clinical provision of care in their area.Associate/Area Medical
Director (AMD) supports the Regional Medical Director (RMD) in
overseeing the Market Clinical-Administrative functions Essential
- Clinician's PTO management in collaboration with Center
administrator, including holiday schedules and as determined by the
- Management of CME time and reimbursement requests.
- Service recovery reports (Patient complaints)
- Guidance to individual clinicians about patient terminations,
in collaboration with compliance.
- Supervise/manage assigned clinicians at site level.
- Manage behavioral concerns pertaining to assigned
- Provider on-boarding as determined by on boarding
- Provider off-boarding as determined by off boarding
- Provide support to on site clinicians with logjams and workflow
- Check in with clinicians at their site routinely.
- Oversight of provider quality and development of workflows to
help close gaps in quality
- Schedule at least one half day at clinic site for onsite visit
- Support clinicians with schedule templates, coverage, daily
- Assist with panel management
- Oversight of quality of assigned team members
- Meet with Regional CAs and other AMD at least monthly
- May be assigned to organizational committees as needed, to
attend and represent the clinical perspective of the market
- Assist in Ongoing Chart Review monitoring
- Assist with recruitment and interviewing as requested.
- Desktop coverage as necessary
- In collaboration with RMD, complete performance reviews as
required (90 day, yearly, etc.).
- Serve as a mentor to help guide clinicians as needed
- Participate as backup on call
- Lead all provider monthly meeting if RMD is not available, with
adequate notice from RMD to allow for preparation.
- Assist in organizing team building activities
- Maintain regular clinic hours for a percentage of FTE as
determined with Regional Medical Director, as detailed on the
clinical job description.
- Serve as a community representative for CenterWell in media and
- May involve supervision of mid-level providers
- Performs other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications
- Current and unrestricted medical license in Texas or willing to
obtain a medical license in Texas prior to employment, and eligible
and willing to obtain licenses in other states in the region of
assignment, as required
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited
- Board Certification or True Board Eligibility in Family
Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatric Medicine with continued
certification throughout employment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal
relationships and communications with colleagues/patients
- Fully engaged in the concept of "Integrated team based care"
- Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value
based care setting
- Superior patient/customer service
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of
Partners' Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this
role, you will be required to be screened for TB Preferred
- Active and unrestricted DEA license
- Medicare Provider Number
- Medicaid Provider Number
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with
understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a
value based relationship environment.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators
- Bilingual English/Spanish.-- Must be able to speak, read and
write in both languages without limitations or assistance. See
Additional Information on testingAdditional InformationLanguage
Proficiency TestingAny Partners associate who speaks with a member
in a language other than English must take a language proficiency
assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency.
Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating
(ILR) test as provided by the Federal
Government.#physiciancareersScheduled Weekly Hours40
Keywords: Humana Inc., Pasadena , Area Medical Director, Healthcare , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!