Posted on: May 16, 2022
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Pasadena, California.
This and other nurse practitioner jobs brought to you by
The Nurse Practitioner will report to the Medical Director and, in
collaboration with WelbeHealth PACE Physicians and the
interdisciplinary team, will provide assessment, planning, primary
care, and continuous medical coverage to WelbeHealth PACE
You'll be responsible for:
- Providing primary care and acute illness evaluation and
treatment for participants in collaboration with PACE Physicians
and Community-Based PACE Physicians.
- In collaboration with a physician, performing in-person
comprehensive assessments (initial, semi-annual and unscheduled) on
participants and coordinating with the IDT to develop a
comprehensive care plan for each participant.
- Collaborating with physician(s) and interdisciplinary team
(IDT) in discharge planning from acute or long term care
- In consultation with the WelbeHealth PACE Physicians, referring
participants to medical specialists as indicated and managing care
of participants in the nursing home, making regular visits as
dictated by Pasadena PACE standards and participant need.
- Being an active member of the IDT communicating participant
changes, collaborating on care planning decisions and coordinating
24-hour care delivery.
- Working collaboratively with WelbeHealth PACE Physicians,
Community-Based PACE Physicians and other members of the IDT to
ensure effective care coordination.
- Participating in rotating night and weekend call
- At the direction of the Medical Director, reviewing outcomes
and utilization data, including review of necessity of
hospitalizations and use of specialists; establishing best
practices with the Medical Director, and collaborating with
clinical staff, WelbeHealth PACE Physicians, Community-Based PACE
Physicians and IDT to make policy and procedural improvements to
reduce unnecessary utilization and improve participant
- Protecting privacy and maintaining confidentiality of all
company procedures and information about employees, participants
- Following WelbeHealth PACE policies and procedures and
participate in any required QI activities, staff training and
- Maintaining professional licensure and certifications.
- Acting only within the scope of practice.
Why you'll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You'll play a critical role in bringing the ground-breaking
WelbeHealth PACE model of care to scale, providing much needed
services to a vulnerable population
- You'll be joining a company that combines the best of
mission-driven orientation with innovation, with the opportunity to
help shape our programs and processes as we grow
- You'll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply
about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with an NP State
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive
- Working knowledge of PACE regulations a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years working with the frail or elderly.
- Bilingual speaker strongly preferred.
- Creative and enthusiastic commitment to the "triple aim" –
dedication to improving experience, health, and value for PACE
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other
providers and care team.
- Excellent clinical, organizational, and communication skills in
settings with frail, elderly participants, their families, and the
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most
Keywords: WelbeHealth, Pasadena , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!