Emergency Department RN
Company: Huntington Health
Posted on: September 22, 2022
When you join the Huntington Health team, you are aligning
yourself with an organization whose values drive our philosophy of
compassionate community care. Over the past 129 years, we've grown
from a small 16-bed hospital to a nationally recognized healthcare
leader with 619 beds. As part of our commitment to providing
equitable, high-quality care to all members of our community, we
embrace differences and work hard to create a place of belonging
for our patients and our employees. When you join the Huntington
family, you'll be empowered to enact change that continuously
improves our ability to deliver world-class care, with kindness and
dignity, to all who need it. Expectations: The Emergency Department
Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for coordination of care to
meet identified needs of the patient/family. Supervises the
management of patient care utilizing critical thinking and nursing
process, discharge planning, resource identification, linking and
scheduling patients with required services, monitoring care
delivery, advocating for the patient, care planning and evaluating
outcomes. Coordinates patient care across the health care continuum
and assists other team members with meeting individual patient
needs. This position may require flexibility of hours.
- BSN or MSN program Experience/Training:
- Minimum 1 year of current experience in acute care area of
expertise/equivalent service area, 2 years preferred.
- Trauma nursing experience preferred.
- Must challenge and successfully pass the Basic Dysrhythmia
course curriculum within 21 days of hire.
- If new to ED, must successfully pass the ED Core Curriculum and
complete required on-unit preceptorship.
- Basic computer skills/experience with computerized
documentation systems required. Licenses/Certifications:
- Current active unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license
issued by State of California.
- Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, and PALS Provider
- NIHSS certification required within 30 days of
- CEN or related certification, preferred. Benefits Include: -
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental & Vision -
- Shift Differentials
- Generous PTO & Sick Time (Start accruing on date of hire)
- 403(b) Retirement Saving Account
- Flex Spending Accounts -
- Employee Wellness & Reward Programs -
- On-site Concierge Program (Designed to help employee's complete
their 'to-do' lists and enhance their work/life balance)
- Pet Insurance - Skills:
- ENPC required for full time and part-time employee or within
six months of employment. -
- For MICN (Mobile Intensive Care Nurse): 1. Demonstrates an
understanding of the standards according to Los Angeles County
(LACO) Guidelines of Prehospital Care. 2. Participates in Quality
Improvement process as required by LACO Base Station Contract. 3.
Attends and participates in monthly Base Station Meetings. 4.
Maintains MICN Certification Requirements and participates in
continuing education efforts required by LACO Base Station Contract
and Huntington Memorial Hospital Policy and Procedures. 5.
Communicates with Prehospital and Emergency Medical Services
personnel in an objective manner and communicates with the
Prehospital Care Coordinator regarding unresolved prehospital care
issues. PandoLogic. Keywords: Registered Nurse (RN), Location:
Pasadena, CA - 91188
Keywords: Huntington Health, Pasadena , Emergency Department RN, Healthcare , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!