Quality Coordinator RN
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Assists the Director in maintaining and revising the Medical
Center Quality Improvement program. Coordinates the activities of
departments, committees and medical staff to develop and document
ongoing evaluation activities; perform studies and problem focused
reviews; interpret data and promote the Medical Center Quality
Improvement Program to medical, nursing and support services. May
assume role of Director when necessary.
- Consults with Service Line Leaders, Chiefs of Service, Medical
Staff Committee Chairpersons, Physicians and Department
Administrators in charge of special care areas to assist them in
developing ongoing evaluation programs to identify, resolve, and
report opportunities to improve patient care.
- May represent the Department on Medical Staff
- Designs, conducts and evaluates studies and problem focused
reviews requested by the Medical Center Administration, medical
staff, or department administrators which frequently involve
sensitive, confidential, or medical legal issues.
- Performs and oversees ongoing Quality Improvement activities
across the medical center to assure timeliness, accuracy and
compliance with licensing and regulation requirements.
- Use and educate end users on data display tools, including
statistical process control methods.
- Participate in risk management by investigating problems
encountered by patients, identifying patterns and trends in patient
care problems, and developing policies and procedures to reduce
- Monitors compliance with quality improvement
- Assist in the supervision and direction of the activities
performed by the Quality Improvement Analysts and support
- Assist in the preparation of the Quality of Care reports that
are sent to the Region offices and the Board of Directors.
- Develop and conduct presentations on the quality improvement
standards and the Medical Center Quality Improvement Plan to insure
compliance with TJC, NCQA and other regulatory agency
- Conducts special clinical studies related to patient care
- Participate in the annual development of the Medical Center
goals for Quality Improvement.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a licensed hospital
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in quality-related
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- Experience in a patient advocate role to insure a patient
- Familiarity with medical procedures and terminology.
- Strong planning, organizing, interpersonal and conflict
- Detailed knowledge of Title 22, TJC and NCQA requirements for
licensure and accreditation.
- Proficient with PC applications including database,
spreadsheet, and word processing.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Experience in a quality improvement related role, including
leading/facilitating teams in performance improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health care preferred.
- Current Certified Professional of Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Pasadena , Quality Coordinator RN, Healthcare , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...