Psych Social Worker
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Psychiatric Social Worker is a member of an
interdisciplinary team who provides direct assessment, diagnosis
formulation, treatment planning, treatment intervention and
psycho-education to members and/or family members. --Must be
familiar with all aspects of psychopathology and recognize the
appropriate and timely clinical treatment intervention needed. The
Psychiatric Social Worker may work with specific age group as is
determined by training and certificate. --Must be familiar with and
have expertise in a variety of treatment modalities. --The majority
of the position will be spent in direct patient care.Essential
- Timely and appropriate assessment, diagnosis, treatment
planning and treatment intervention of members.
- Appropriate selection of treatment modality to members
- Is an effective communicator of clinical material to member and
- Provides high internal and external customer/patient
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation of clinical
encounters in members charts.
- Is knowledgeable of KP and community resources.
- Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patients clinical care
- Maintains license.
- Conduct initial interview with Members by eliciting and
interpreting the psychological and social meaning of
- Determines urgency of members need.
- Provides a professional interpretation of members presentation
and recommends a course of therapeutic action, selects appropriate
- Provides treatment to adults, adolescents and children.
- Renders appropriate and immediate guidance & therapy for
members in crisis or in need of clinical services.
- Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports and
letter; phones, writes and visits (with member permission) social
agencies, schools relatives, friends to obtain pertinent
- Provides clinical consultation in an integrated health care
environment regarding family interactions, sociocultural
determinants and community resources.
- Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information
- Proficient in identifying and treating the span of
- Proficient in various treatment modalities including, but not
limited to individual, group family & child therapy.
- Complies with organizational, departmental, state/federal
guidelines & all regulatory agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in QM & CQI activities.Basic
- Two (2) years of post-graduate mental health therapy experience
within the last five (5) years required.--Education
- Masters degree in a related Behavioral Health Care field
required.--License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (California) OR Licensed
Professional Clinical Counselor (California) OR Licensed Clinical
Social Worker (California)
- National Provider Identifier--Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize current DSM nomenclature
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive
service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted
providers, and vendors.
- May consider LCSW, with a Masters Degree in Social Work, job
code 66536, for this position.--Preferred Qualifications:
- N/AJob Schedule: Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social
Services & Spiritual Care, Southern California Service Areas
Keywords: Kaiser, Pasadena , Psych Social Worker, Healthcare , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...