Adult Center, Swing Shift Manager
Company: Union Station Homeless Services
Posted on: January 9, 2021
JOB SUMMARY:The Adult Center Swing Shift Manager will oversee
security and resident advisor staff at the Adult Center, and will
provide after-hours supportive services and crisis intervention
services for clients residing at the Adult Center. They will
provide ongoing training to their staff and will facilitate team
- SCHEDULE: Sunday-Thursday, 3pm-11:30pm. Ability to work
overtime and weekends as needed to ensure coverage.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a safe and welcoming environment at the Adult
- Provide direct supervision to Adult Center Security, Resident
Advisor, and Community Ambassador staff, ensuring that all duties
are performed in accordance with position descriptions, contract
agreements, and established procedures.
- Ensure required daily neighborhood patrols are conducted to
ensure compliance with Union Station's conditional use permit.
- Maintain cordial relationships with neighboring
- Prepare written reports as needed, including incident reports
and quarterly Raymond Avenue Neighborhood Advisory Panel (RANAP)
reports. Participate in quarterly RANAP meetings.
- Greet visitors and assist them with accessing the facility and
- Ensure the safety of all persons (staff, residents, volunteers,
etc.) at the Adult Center.
- Notify appropriate staff (and in some instances, law
enforcement) in situations that threaten the safety of personnel
and/or residents and/or the security of the building.
- Advise staff located in other Union Station locations of
persons or problems that may affect their safety or working
- Maintain visual surveillance of the public areas and maintain
order as needed.
- Complete performance evaluations for supervised staff.
- Review and approve bi-weekly time sheets.
- Facilitate weekly team meetings for both security and resident
- Strive to recognize the best in each client and to support the
meaningful change they seek through building relationships and
utilizing motivational interviewing techniques and strengths-based
case management techniques.
- Maintain a focus on best practices, such as Housing First, Harm
Reduction, and reducing barriers to housing and services.
- Provide site and field based services as appropriate and
transport clients as needed to essential appointments that support
- Assist residents with their physical and mental health needs by
providing support and linkage to appropriate services.
- Coordinate on-site recreational, social and community-building
activities; support groups, and educational opportunities.
- Manage client complaints and grievances submitted during
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, Interim Housing,
hire, supervise, and complete performance evaluations for Resident
Advisor, Security, and Community Ambassador staff.
- Receive and log donations from community members.
- Submit maintenance requests as needed and maintain
communication with facilities and operations staff to ensure
maintenance requests are followed up on in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assignedPHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND
- Work indoors in temperature controlled environment and
occasionally exposed to outdoor weather and driving conditions. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Stand and sit for long periods of time; move and walk to
various locations; climb stairs, stoop, kneel, reach, pull, push,
bend, twist, and occasionally lift and or move objects (up to 30
lbs). Use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- See, hear and speak clearly in order to give and receive
information and instructions, perform administrative work, and
drive motor vehicles including passenger vans.
- Ability to interact with other employees, residents, customers
and members of the public.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints, prioritize
work, multi-task, and adapt to changing work demands.
- Gather, analyze, synthesize, and classify information.
Transcribe, enter, and post data.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or
- May require exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious
- Requires use a computer keyboard for substantial periods of
- Ability to work frequent overtime and take occasional weekend
- Travel to off-site meetings and evening appointments.KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to act with diplomacy, flexibility and versatility
while dealing with people with chronic substance abuse disorders
and serious mental illness.
- Current knowledge of best practice models, including: Housing
First, Mental Health Recovery, Harm Reduction, and Critical Time
- Understanding of case management practices and ability to
accurately and clearly document case notes.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to accurately enter client data and progress notes in
HMIS Homeless Management Information System, and run program
- Proficient in use of laptop computer and Microsoft Windows,
Office software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Homeless
Management Information System (HMIS).
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Possess valid California driver's license and access to a
properly registered vehicle.EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of two years of experience providing case management
or care coordination for individuals or families facing barriers,
such as: homelessness, mental illness, substance use, or chronic
- Experience working in an interim housing setting
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related field
- Experience with staff supervision preferred.
- Completion of Pro-ACT, Non Violent Crisis Intervention, or
similar training preferred.
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish preferred.Union Station is an Equal
Keywords: Union Station Homeless Services, Pasadena , Adult Center, Swing Shift Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!