Banquet Server On Call
Company: The Westin Pasadena
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Location: US-CA-Pasadena# of Openings: 2Category: Food and BeveragePosition Type: On-CallFLSA Status: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Find us in the heart of one of California's most exciting cities, with easy access to cultural sites such as the Historic Old Town Pasadena, museums, restaurants, and the Rose Bowl Stadium. We're also only a short distance from the Pasadena Convention Center. We offer 350 newly renovated guest rooms and 18 unique suites, all boasting our signature white Heavenly-- Bed with a pillow-top mattress. Many rooms offer great courtyard or mountain views, and all are furnished with the uplifting Heavenly-- Bath.
Our hotel offers Associates with many unique benefits such as discounted garage parking, discounted dry cleaning & laundry services and a free meal during each shift. We take pride in our community by volunteering as a group for Walks, Children's Events as well as supporting our furry friends in the local pet rescues. Our CARE committee supports the Community, Associates and the Environment through active volunteering, holding creative & fun events and collecting donations. As a Hotel, we know that Everything Communicates, so taking care of our Associates is extremely important to us. Happy Associates make happy Guests - and that is what it is all about! We look forward to you joining our fast pace, driven, big-little work family. Westin Pasadena - One Team, One Goal!
Assist Banquet Manager in the serving of guests during banquet functions to ensure positive guest experience.
- Set up banquet room as instructed by Supervisor to include linen, serviceware and glassware.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Supervisor's specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and serviceware.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI106831346
Keywords: The Westin Pasadena, Pasadena , Banquet Server On Call, Hospitality & Tourism , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!