Company: The Westin Pasadena
Posted on: March 12, 2019
Location: US-CA-Pasadena# of Openings: 1Category: HousekeepingPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Find us in the heart of one of California's most exciting cities, with easy access to cultural sites such as the Historic Old Town Pasadena, museums, restaurants, and the Rose Bowl Stadium. We're also only a short distance from the Pasadena Convention Center. We offer 350 newly renovated guest rooms and 18 unique suites, all boasting our signature white Heavenly-- Bed with a pillow-top mattress. Many rooms offer great courtyard or mountain views, and all are furnished with the uplifting Heavenly-- Bath.
Our hotel offers Associates with many unique benefits such as discounted garage parking, discounted dry cleaning & laundry services and a free meal during each shift. We take pride in our community by volunteering as a group for Walks, Children's Events as well as supporting our furry friends in the local pet rescues. Our CARE committee supports the Community, Associates and the Environment through active volunteering, holding creative & fun events and collecting donations. As a Hotel, we know that Everything Communicates, so taking care of our Associates is extremely important to us. Happy Associates make happy Guests - and that is what it is all about! We look forward to you joining our fast pace, driven, big-little work family. Westin Pasadena - One Team, One Goal!
Maintain the building to ensure safe and clean experience for hotel guests, associates and vendors. Provide Housekeeping Team direction and support.
- Supervise the housekeeping staff; providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling and providing performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- Issue assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operation.
- Issue supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available while controlling expenses.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquires to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company assets.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Housekeeping experience preferred.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 100 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to assist other staff members, i.e., room attendants, housepersons, and inspectors to complete their individual tasks if situation demands with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: The Westin Pasadena, Pasadena , Housekeeping Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!