First Year Recruitment Coordinator
Company: Arizona State University
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Admission Services at Arizona State University seeks an
effective communicator who shows initiative in completion of duties
with accuracy and attention to detail. This person will be able to
connect quickly with students, families, along with internal and
external partners in a poised, informative and enthusiastic manner
and will be capable of stimulating and motivating others while
being responsive and aware of their needs and concerns. This
position will entail working at a very fast pace with frequent
interruptions and will require working both independently and
collaboratively at times in order to complete tasks. Under general
supervision, we need someone who is able to counsel and confer with
prospective students interested in enrolling at Arizona State
-- Job Family Generic Department Name Admission Services
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time VP Code EXEC VP/PROVOST Scope of
Search Open Grant Funded Position This is not a grant funded
position and is not contingent on future grant funding. Salary
Range $41,500 per year Close Date 31-March-2021 Category 02
- Implements strategies to the assigned market, develops strong
relationships with prospective students and their family members,
counsels and confers with students interpreting and providing
program procedures, policies, goals and objectives through phone
contact, a variety of electronic media, and face-to-face meetings
to ensure a seamless transition to university.
- Utilizes PeopleSoft and ASU online information systems to
monitor and accurately inform prospective students.
- Utilizes CRM to record phone interactions, correspondence,
visits, monitoring and follow up of prospective student information
in a timely manner.--
- Effectively integrates enrollment strategies and action items
through meaningful and productive interactions with students.
- Acts as liaison and develops strong relationships with local
organizations, Alumni and other local networks that can aid
recruitment efforts in the assigned markets through a variety of
- Assists with or conducts special programs, visits, events,
presentations or workshops in support of Admission Services, and
when requested, to other University units to achieve overall
- Assists with in-office admissions appointments and University
Information Sessions, frequent presentations in front of large
audiences, and recruitment events as assigned.
- Efficiently executes campaigns by phone or other communication
methods in order to successfully meet the overall university
- Collaborates with all student recruitment areas as well as
supervisors and enrollment management leadership to synergize with
the goal of achieving university enrollment objectives for
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions
designated by the supervisor.
- Provides assistance with various student visit programs and
events including on and off campus functions.
- Frequent nights and occasional weekends are required to perform
the tasks necessary to be successful in this position.
- When requested, travels domestically or internationally and
performs some or all of the previously listed tasks during those
- Works in partnership with American Indian Initiatives and
American Indian Student Support Services.
-- Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate
to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related
experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or
experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities
have been achieved. Desired Qualifications
- Evidence of being bilingual in English and a second language is
- Experience with student recruitment and admission
- Experience in federal regulations pertaining to international
- Experience in the principles and practices related to academic
advising, recruitment/retention, and/or other student support
- Experience developing and conducting group presentations
targeted to diverse audiences.
- Experience in developing and maintaining productive working
- Experience in strategic planning and decision-making principles
- Experience in using organizational and time management
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled
office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding
and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and
walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to
- Regular activities require the ability to quickly change
priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential
- Frequent international and domestic travel, domestic travel
involving operation of a motor vehicle.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not
limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse),
printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated
- This position receives regular review of objectives.
- Occasional evenings and weekends are expected. Department
Statement In support of the university mission and goals, Admission
Services creates and promotes the broadest possible awareness of
ASU as the New American University. This is accomplished through
meaningful interactions and customer service throughout the college
search and enrollment processes.
Admission Services attracts and enrolls diverse, high achieving and
talented students from Arizona, the nation and the world and
engages families, educators, and other members of the community in
the encouragement of students to pursue higher education at Arizona
-- ASU Statement Arizona State University is a new model for
American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic
excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New
American University is a single, unified institution comprising
four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic,
social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it
serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring
the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines.
ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix,
Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions
intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all
fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on
campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU's
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at
https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may
request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police
Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance - For information about schools, housing
child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and
taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services . ASU conducts
pre-employment screening which may include verification of work
history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. ASU
conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes
a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic
credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent
upon successful passing of the background check. This position is
considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint
check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the
fingerprint check. Instructions to Apply Application deadline is
3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format
(e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer
for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience
meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews,
unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of "equivalent combination" in
the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education
or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For
example, a four year Bachelor's degree is equal to four years of
Keywords: Arizona State University, Pasadena , First Year Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!