AskHR Solutions Center - HR Support Representative
Company: NASA JPL
Posted on: June 17, 2022
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world.
That's our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search
the universe for answers-literally. We build upon ideas that have
guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire
generations to come. Your mission-your opportunity-is to seek out
the answers that bring us one step closer. If you're driven to
discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and
beyond, you're ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment
situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains
and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion,
foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
The Human Resources (HR) team at JPL is on a voyage of innovation,
discovery, and modernization that will allow us to continue to
support the JPL mission and quests. AskHR is a centralized function
designed to handle a variety of HR-related services that provides
higher-level customer support to all JPL employees, retirees, and
applicants as a single point of entry to access all HR
The AskHR Support Representative position is integral to the
success of AskHR. This position provides specialized direct support
to the centralized function and handles a variety of HR-related
services. AskHR seeks employees with the ability to provide subject
matter expertise, research and respond to complex escalated issues
with a high degree of customer satisfaction, expertise, accuracy
Tasks include but not limited to:
* Provides administrative support for a variety of HR programs
including recruiting, tuition reimbursement, awards, events, blood
drives, new employee benefits and new manager orientation sessions,
childcare, vendor invoicing, LOA and retirement packets, employment
postings, wellness program, hospitality program, and support for
* Administer all aspects of the Tuition Reimbursement program and
work directly with participants in order to respond to their
inquiries and explain program parameters
* Administer onboarding of New Hires to ensure completion of all
contingencies prior to Hire Date
* Serve as the first point of contact for employee questions and
issues related to Human Resources
* Process HR Solutions Center requests that include but are not
limited to Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Compensation,
Benefits, Learning, Technical Training, Leave of Absence and People
* Assess and understand full scope of issues presented and provide
a comprehensive response.
* Provide timely and accurate information to employees. Utilizes
case management system to process, document and resolve
* Work with internal resources to resolve employee issues and
problems and escalates complex inquiries as necessary to Tier 2 or
Center of Excellence Subject Matter Experts.
* Assists employees with navigation of HR sites.
* Process daily HR transactions into HRIS systems, perform audits
or updates and ensure integrity and accuracy of the employee data
and payroll records.
* Furnish information to authorized persons and/or agencies.
* Maintain both manual and automated personnel records.
* Provide administrative support for HR related activities - new
hire orientation support, rehire eligibility checks, fixed vacation
offers, drug testing, subpoenas, verification of employment,
Investigations, invoicing and miscellaneous scheduling.
* Communicate and explain information related to a variety of
benefits programs (insurance plans, health plans, retirement plans,
leaves of absence and sick leave). Assists employees in completion
of forms and provides general response to benefit inquiries.
* Run and distribute various reports on a regular basis.
* Assist in the continuous development and improvement of
information and processes required to perform quality service
* In accordance with procedures, furnishes information to
authorized persons and/or agencies.
* Performs various other support duties as required.
* A High School diploma with 8 years of related experience, or an
Associate's degree with 4 years of related experience or a
Bachelor's degree with 1 years of related experience.
* Minimum of one year related customer service experience.
* Minimum of three years of Human Resource Administration
* General understanding/knowledge of HR disciplines through
training and experience.
* Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, flexibility in
working in a fast-paced team environment, effectively prioritizing
and coordinating multiple assignments.
* Excellent customer focused communication skills (patience,
* Strong interpersonal skills and team-based orientation.
* Excellent written & oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in daily
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems to achieve
first call resolution.
* Ability to work and problem solve independently utilizing
available resources and tools.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race,
color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age,
marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
genetic information, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, gender,
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected
military or veteran status or any other characteristic or condition
protected by Federal, state or local law.
In addition, JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EEO is the Law.
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules
imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of
designated countries or those born in a designated country unless
they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other
protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated
Countries List is available here.
Keywords: NASA JPL, Pasadena , AskHR Solutions Center - HR Support Representative, Human Resources , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!