Company: Foothill Family
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Accounting Specialist reports to the Controller and is
responsible for tasks in the areas of accounts receivable, accounts
payable and payroll.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports and promotes the mission of the Agency: Foothill
Family empowers children and families to achieve success in
relationships, school, and work through community-based services
that advance growth and development.
- Prepares billing for governmental grants and other billing as
- Codes vendor invoices and employee expense reports and enters
them into the accounts payable system.
- Prints checks selected for payment.
- Mails payments to vendors.
- Files accounts payable and maintains files.
- Summarizes information for annual preparation of Form
- Processes benefits forms including adding and deleting staff
from medical, dental, vision, disability, and retirement.
- Prepares, processes and reviews information for payroll
- Displays sensitivity to the service population's cultural and
- Minimum of 2 years recent payroll experience.
- Intermediate to advanced data entry and 10 key calculator
- Proficient in Excel, with knowledge of databases helpful.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work
cooperatively as a team member with people from a wide variety of
- The ability to respond to and assist both vendors and staff in
a friendly, positive and tactful manner, and to deal with confused,
angry, or unhappy vendors with calmness and tact.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented; high level of accuracy.
- Ability to be flexible and take initiative.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school; and one to two years of related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Knowledge of Sage 100 or other accounting system.
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now or other payroll system.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to vendors, clients, and other employees of
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Valid CA Driver's License and maintains insurability on the
Agency's auto liability policy (including a minimum of 2 years
driving experience after receiving license) and maintains the
California state required auto insurance liability limits.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Foothill Family, Pasadena , Accounting/Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...