Software Applications Analyst
Company: Bluebeam, Inc.
Posted on: September 14, 2020
At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is
built. We create smart software solutions that make construction
sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of
design and construction professionals everywhere.
*This role is a full-time, onsite position. Due to COVID-19, all
new employees will be required to start work remotely until we are
able to return to the office. More information will be provided in
the interview process.*
Our Research, Advocacy, and Testing team - or "RAT team" is the
advanced technical arm within Technical Support. We assist with
technical customer escalations and are responsible to the company
for ensuring that customer-reported product issues are accurately
and clearly defined, verified, and assessed in scope and
significance, so that Product and Development teams can make
informed decisions as quickly and efficiently as possible.
As a Software Applications Analyst, you will analyze, research and
help resolve technical issues in order to ensure that customer
expectations and internal employees' needs are met.
You will receive cases from the Level One Support Specialist
(frontline) team and verify bugs and issues are legitimate. When
they are, you will help perform research to determine the cause of
issues and how to replicate it. If the issue requires developer
assistance, you will perform the research to assist the development
team and act as a liaison between the TS and Development
departments.More About the Role:
- Triage all bugs opened by the frontline team to assure validity
and completeness of data
- Ensure accurate documentation of bugs between TS to
Engineering, with regards to the problem, scope, and advocate for
- Test complex issues escalated to you by frontline team members
and determine if they should be forwarded to our QA/Eng teams or
resolved within our group.
- Analyze client environments and corrupted files to determine
problems and possible resolutions.
- Act as the TS Liaison between Engineer, QE, and PM to test and
understand issues and workflows specific to customer environments
including applications, utilities, hardware and networks.
- Assist with damage control during times of system degradation
- Set and manage internal and external customer expectations
regarding the status of issues.
- Provide trend analysis to anticipate/prevent larger
- Assist with training technical support teams on products/issues
and the creation of internal support resources.
- You will be expected to be a technical resource to our Support
team and should be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of
Bluebeam's core products from a usability level and a technical
level. Oh yeah - you need to be able to troubleshoot them and the
platforms they run on too.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5+ years of Technical Support, Software Engineering, or related
technical product experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional
coursework/experience required. Degree or certification in a
computer-related or technical field preferred.
- A knack for digging and investigating - always looking forward
to an opportunity to go deeper to identify a problem and understand
what information is needed to get to the next step.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (both technical
documentation AND customer communication). Don't forget - your
deliverables will be consumed by our internal technical
- Proven troubleshooting techniques and outstanding customer
facing soft skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems (Win
7/Win 8/Win 10, Server) installing and uninstalling programs,
registry settings, file/folder permissions, windows authentication
and file access.
- Working knowledge of standard protocols and other technologies
such as Scripting, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SCCM, HTTPS, SSH,
IIS and .NET.
- Ability to write SQL queries and understand a SQL db.
- Reading/understanding Code (preferably a language such as C#,
- Experience with virtual environments (i.e. Citrix, VMware,
Hyper-V, Terminal Server, Microsoft App-V)).
- Ability to analyze data dumps and log files.
- Working knowledge/experience of PC imaging and remote control
- A phenomenal sense of initiative and self-motivation.
- And there is no escaping the basics: flexible, likeable,
well-presented, positive attitude, and able to work well with
others and/or with ambiguity---
If you think we just described you, please send us the
- Your resume
- A cover letter that reflects your personality and specific
interest in this role and Bluebeam (be creative! Don't send us the
generic one you send everyone else) - also, this is an opportunity
to show your writing skills, so please proofread!
About BluebeamThe construction industry is adopting new technology
at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper
blueprints, drones are surveying job sites in 3D, and cloud
collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam
plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success
is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with
the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6
million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we're
a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly
expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany
and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Bluebeam, Inc., Pasadena , Software Applications Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!