Company: Miso Robotics
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Miso Robotics is transforming the restaurant industry and making a
real impact on the world.
Miso Robotics is writing an epic new story for the restaurant
industry. We've developed a robotic kitchen assistant, Flippy, that
can perform a variety of kitchen tasks including flipping burgers
and running the deep fryer. Our product is a robotic arm on a rail
that fits into existing kitchens along existing cook lines and is
designed to work with existing equipment alongside kitchen workers.
Under the hood, Flippy relies on our platform which combines deep
learning and other computer vision technologies with
optimization-based scheduling and nonlinear control to adapt
quickly to a variety of kitchen workflows, while achieving graceful
and efficient motion.
The challenge of bringing robotics into commercial kitchens
requires many disciplines to come together. The compositions of
teams at Miso Robotics reflect this multidisciplinary nature of our
work. We have built a world-class team and we are looking for more
exceptional people to join us. If you believe, like we do, that the
future of the kitchen involves robotics and artificial intelligence
(HINT: It definitely does) and if you want to count yourself among
the handful of lucky people who've found themselves with the
opportunity to solve this problem, then Miso Robotics might be the
right place for you!
As a Software Engineer, you will be working with a team of talented
software developers in developing our kitchen automation system and
cloud-connected infrastructure which power Flippy. You will perform
hard-core coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout
the development process. You will use your expertise in software
engineering to own the design, prototype, and commercialization of
core software. You will work closely with robotics specialists in
controls, machine learning, and computer vision to continuously
evolve our architecture to support an ever-increasing diversity of
kitchen environments and tasks, allowing Flippy to operate broadly
throughout the restaurant industry. You will also work to make our
internal framework easier and easier to use, requiring less and
less training to use.
What You'll Do
In This Role, You Will
- Take ownership when developing, maintaining, improving, testing
and releasing software.
- Create architectural diagrams which demonstrate flow of data
through the system.
- Provide support within the software development
- Reduce algorithmic complexity to improve performance.
- Use best engineering judgement to iterate on code, refactoring
repeatedly to improve our software generality and quality.
- Read our code and documentation to understand our existing
architecture and practices.
- Adhere to and help improve our software development lifecycle
- Participate in design review and provide helpful feedback.
- Create unit tests and system-level tests to verify code
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Need in Order to Succeed in this Role
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- 3+ years experience in developing general software in C++ and
- Experience in system software, network stacks and
- Experience developing, testing, and debugging with
simulations(e.g., commercial video game development).
- Experience with project workflow applications such as
Confluence, JIRA, and Git.
- Expertise in Linux, CMake, Git, and Docker.
- Strong understanding of OOP, data structures, and software
- Experience with practices for a SDLC, including agile
development, coding standards, versioning, code reviews, and
- Demonstrate strong problem solving capability.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a team.
- Willingness to read the documentation and do the research to
create the highest quality solution.
- Ability to adapt your coding style to our internal style.
- Ability to deliver production-ready code in a timely
- Great at managing multiple tasks and getting stuff done in a
fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and ability to
learn at hyperspeed.
- Obsession with clarity.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
Keywords: Miso Robotics, Pasadena , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!