Oracle DBA - Caltech - very stable and congenial work environment
Company: MORI Associates, Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Take your career to new heights. Come join us at MORI Associates
and help us support exciting projects at California Institute of
Responsible for all aspects of database administration - e.g.,
installation/upgrade/patching, backup and recovery, performance and
tuning, security, data loads, and database clones. It also includes
the running of data fix scripts, perform production code
migrations, daily checks (e.g., database backups), automating
tasks, maintaining data feeds, investigating problems, and
documentation. Will work closely with the Business System Analyst
and Internal Development teams.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manages various complex database environments.
- Responsible for ERP databases and associated application
servers, regarding installation and configuration; patching and
upgrades; patch management and version control; customization
updates; cloning; and user administration
- Manages standards and procedures for database integrity and
recovery as well as security and access control
- Monitor database operations and performance.
- Support application developers, business system analysts and
business application security teams.
- Support data and code migrations, and upgrades.
- Provide operational support and reporting for data feeds,
system performance, availability events, and monitoring.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing
database performance and providing increased functionality,
including performing maintenance, monitoring activity, and
documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Work on Help tickets.
- Work on scheduled rotation for after-hours on-call
- Oracle database or Oracle E-Business Suite experience.
- Experience with Linux/Unix OS
- UNIX shell scripting
- PL/SQL programing
- Familiarity with programming languages and API.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user
- Excellent knowledge of database backup, recovery, security,
integrity, and SQL.
- Problem solving skills and ability to think
- BS degree in a computer discipline (Computer Science,
Engineering), relevant certification, or 3+ years of work
experience as a Database Administrator.
- Cloud Services experience (AWS, Oracle Cloud, or others).
- Linux/Unix system administrator experience.
- Worked with Apache, Tomcat, Weblogic, or similar servers.
- Oracle Access Manager. LDAP/OUD/OID
- Oracle Business Intelligence Suite, Enterprise Edition.
- Knowledge of networking basics.
- Basic understanding of security best practices for
applications, databases, services, storage, and backups.
MORI Associates offers comprehensive benefits including matching
funds for 401K plans.
MORI Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, national
origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability,
sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: MORI Associates, Inc., Pasadena , Oracle DBA - Caltech - very stable and congenial work environment, IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!