Information Technology Services Coordinator- School of Medicine
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The IT Services Coordinator is a high-impact generalist position
responsible for providing an exceptional customer experience to the
KPSOM community through a broad technology portfolio. This is a
customer-facing, front-line position responsible for handling daily
traffic of incoming questions and problems via a ticket system,
phone, email, and face-to-face interactions.
- Provides technical support while delivering exceptional
- Creates, updates, prioritizes, and tracks customer problems
using a ticket system.
- Resolves problems in person, by telephone, by email, or through
a remote support session.
- Resolves less complex problems immediately and escalates more
complex problems to the IT Technology Consultant or above.
- Performs general maintenance tasks, customer account
management, troubleshooting and repair of computer systems and
applications, and peripheral equipment maintenance throughout the
- Keeps up-to-date on security threats and assists in Operating
System and Application patching.
- Utilizes online resources/tools to supplement the
troubleshooting and diagnosing of customer issues.
- Follows and maintains Client Service, Enterprise Services, and
IT Operations standards, policies, and procedures.
- Partners with Enterprise Services and IT Operations teams to
maintain regular operations and troubleshoot issues.
- Maintains internal and external Knowledge Bases to promote
internal and customer self-support.
- Keeps abreast of the health and stability of all Information
Technology services and issues timely alerts to affected customers
if issues arise.
- Ensures IT maintained computer labs/rooms/technologies are in
proper working order.
- Maintains positive relationships with vendors.
- Orders and receives materials as requested.
- Completes ongoing training to stay alongside product, service,
and policy changes.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relationship with staff, faculty, students, and the KPSOM community
- Maintains hardware and software inventories.
- In addition to the responsibilities mentioned above, the
individual has the responsibility to carry out unique tasks as
requested by their superiors.
- Minimum one (1) year experience.
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 1-year experience, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience with computer repair required.
- Ability to explain complex technology in a friendly and
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to develop,
maintain and cultivate relationships with internal and external
- Working knowledge of Windows and macOS operating
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Office365.
- Willingness to travel to remote sites for system installation,
maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to
prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding oral and written communications.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Experience in an IT customer service role preferred.
- Experience in a higher education environment is a plus, medical
school is desired.
- Experience with Audio/Video equipment and setup
- Experience with Zendesk and ServiceNow ticket systems is a
- Experience with social media desired.
- Experience with mobile devices preferred.
- Experience with printer devices preferred.
- Experience with SaaS (e.g., Zoom, Office365, Asana, Panopto) is
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications is a
- Experience with Mobile Device Management is a plus.
- Familiarity with network equipment such as Switches, Wireless
Access Points, Ethernet cables, Wired and Wireless Network
Interface Cards are a plus.
- Familiarity with core network services such as TCP/IP, DNS, and
DHCP is a plus.
PrimaryLocation : California,Pasadena,KP School of Medicine
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-PO-01-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Information Technology,School of Medicine
Department : SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - ClinSci Special Projects
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Pasadena , Information Technology Services Coordinator- School of Medicine, IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!