Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
Company: Western Asset Management Company Limited
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Your skills will shape our future
IT drives our business at Western Asset. From trading and
settlement systems to compliance and risk management, every aspect
of fixed-income investment management is touched by technology and
is dependent on market data which puts our team and your software
engineering center stage. Working as part of an agile team with an
entrepreneurial approach, you'll collaborate with specialists
across the business to develop best-in-class systems. Possess
strong communication and ability to work in an organized manner
with minimal direction.
Advance applications development
We are looking for highly driven team members who combine a passion
for technology with skills in communication, problem-solving and
teamwork. -Desire to learn finance is important. -Above all, you
need an entrepreneurial, can-do approach, a drive to keep learning
and a fascination with finding out what technology can do for the
future of our business. -It's about your future too: whether your
interests lie in technical specialization or leadership, we have a
career path to suit you.
What you will do
- Make key contributions to mission-critical systems
modernization efforts and be recognized in a dynamic group
- Design and implement innovative solutions running on on-prem
and in cloud.
- Collaborate with development teams and lead efforts to deliver
high-quality solutions to business users
- Work with our stakeholders to put forward creative solutions to
complex business processes and workflows.
- Adopt and implement best practices, and champion an engineering
culture emphasizing efficiency, qualify, and automation.
- Learn and grow your skills in the prevalent financial services
-What you will bring
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent education
- 5+ years of development experience in Core Java, Spring/Spring
- Solid experience with service-oriented architectures and modern
- Ability to develop efficient SQL queries (e.g. Oracle, Sybase,
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Engineering experience in AWS, Snowflake a plus
- Experience with modern configuration management and build tools
(GitHub, Jenkins, CI/CD)
- Financial services or Fixed Income industry experience a plus
About Western Asset
At Western Asset we're saying hello to the future. Committed to
being the leading fixed-income investment management firm in the
world, we're investing in new technologies, methodologies and
markets. We're also investing in our people. Our business is guided
by a belief in doing the right thing: that if we treat our clients
and colleagues with fairness and respect, success will follow.
We're building on our reputation and resources with an
entrepreneurial approach that drives innovation. Every day is an
opportunity for us to get better by making the most of the
possibilities that our people and ideas can bring.
We believe a diverse and cohesive workforce promotes the formation
of different ideas and viewpoints, enhances independent thinking,
and helps create a work environment where the best ideas are
identified and implemented. We are committed to unlocking the power
of diversity through an inclusive environment that affords everyone
the opportunity to develop individually, advance professionally and
participate fully in the Firm's success.
Keywords: Western Asset Management Company Limited, Pasadena , Sr. Software Engineer (Java), IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!