Company: Deep 6 AI
Posted on: May 17, 2023
Deep 6 AI is a fast-growing tech startup headquartered in Los
Angeles, California looking for talented, dynamic team members who
want to help shape our groundbreaking artificial intelligence
platform. This is a remote opportunity, and we have a significant
number of team members in Chicago, Seattle, SF Bay Area, NYC and
Nashville.We are transforming and accelerating clinical trials, to
help get life-saving treatments to patients faster and accelerate
innovation in healthcare. To that end, we build a cutting-edge
software suite that connects all clinical research stakeholders,
from research teams to treating physicians, patients, and study
sponsors on a real-time, real-world data SaaS platform, powered by
AI.As a Technical Architect at Deep 6 AI, you will play a critical
role in transforming and accelerating clinical trials, helping to
get life-saving treatments to patients faster and driving
innovation in healthcare. You will be responsible for designing and
overseeing the implementation of software systems and applications
that integrate machine learning, AI, and big data technologies
within the Java tech stack.What You'll Do:
- Design and oversee the implementation of software systems and
applications that integrate machine learning, AI, and big data
technologies within the Java tech stack.
- Lead architecture and design reviews to ensure compliance with
best practices and high standards of software development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g., data scientists,
product managers, software engineers) to develop technical
solutions that meet business needs.
- Define and communicate technical requirements and solutions to
stakeholders and team members clearly and concisely.
- Evaluate and recommend innovative technologies, tools, and
frameworks that can enhance the performance, scalability, and
maintainability of the software systems.
- Establish and enforce development practices, standards, and
guidelines to ensure consistency and quality across the team.
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback to developers to
promote continuous improvement and adherence to standards.
- Mentor and coach software engineers to improve their technical
skills and ensure they are aligned with the company's vision and
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the software systems to
identify potential issues or areas for improvement and proactively
address them.About You:
- 10+ years of professional experience in software
- Significant programming experience in Java.
- Experience with machine learning, AI, and big data
- Familiarity with RDBMS (especially Postgres or MySQL), document
databases, and/or key-value stores.
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience with monitoring applications.
- Experience with managed services in AWS.
- Experience with Lambda or other function-as-a-service (FaaS)
- Experience with one or more web component frameworks such as
ReactJS, Angular, or Vue.
- Comfortable with the NodeJS ecosystem and associated tooling
such as NPM, Yarn, Webpack, and Babel.
- Experience in distributed data processing frameworks and
dataflow engines, e.g., Hadoop (MapReduce/Spark), Flink, etc.
- Experience using infrastructure-as-code tools such as CDK
- Experience with New Relic, Datadog, or other application
- Experience migrating from monolithic to SOA based
- Experience with healthcare, HL7, or HIPAA applications
- Interest/experience in LLM and the latest AI technologies
Technologies We Use:
- Java, Kotlin, Python, React, TypeScript.
- AWS Lambda, EC2, ECS.
- Amazon API Gateway, Spring Boot, Hibernate.
- CDK, Terraform.
- RDS (PostgreSQL), Elasticsearch.
- GitHub Actions.
- Open Telemetry, AWS X-Ray, Datadog, Pendo.
- Hadoop (MapReduce/Spark).
- Elasticsearch.$140,000 - $160,000 a yearOur CultureWe are a
very collaborative group that is inclusive, fun, and hard-working.
We appreciate the value in diverse backgrounds and experiences so
that we can create the best product through different perspectives
and ideas. Deep 6 AI welcomes remote work and has fully-remote
teams throughout the country; we strive to create an environment
where you can do your best work in the environment and location
that is best suited for each individual. As a member of our team,
you can expect to work with intelligent, curious, and motivated
peers who value and respect your perspectives. - Deep 6 AI is
headquartered in Los Angeles and has a significant number of
employees Chicago, Seattle, SF Bay Area, NYC and
Nashville.BenefitsIn addition to competitive salary and a unique
opportunity to thrive at a growing company, Deep 6 AI offers
various formal benefits as generous PTO plan which includes sick
and vacation days, and as well as employer-paid medical (including
a Health Savings Account with an employer contribution), Dental,
Vision, and Life insurance. In addition, we're proud to offer
Voluntary Life & AD&D, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term
Disability coverage. A 401k plan is available, too.The above
statements describe the general nature and level of work being
performed in this job function. They're not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional
responsibilities may be assigned by Deep 6.At Deep 6, we appreciate
the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and
experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect
every individual, Deep 6 is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Deep 6 AI, Pasadena , Technical Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...