Software Support Engineer
Company: Advantex Professional Services
Posted on: October 5, 2018
Position: Software Support Engineer Summary:You will be tasked with supporting .NET based applications/systems/processes and resolving production-level issues for an enterprise level environment. Job Responsibilities
- Provide Level 1 application support; identifies, analyzes, troubleshoots all assigned production application incidents.
- Provide Level 2 deep dive analysis on urgent and critical application related issues.
- Attends review meetings for new business initiatives inside of supported application areas to identify and highlight any issues from the Application Support perspective.
- Ensures all issues follow the production issue resolution process, and are logged, tracked, and resolved in the issue management tool.
- Manages and monitors trends related to production application issues; develops metrics and generates reports on a regular basis.
- Works with stakeholders on the proper identification and ranking of reported issues.
- Communicates urgent incident statuses to levels of Management as appropriate.
- Coordinates the deployment of hotfixes and scheduled development releases into the Testing and Production environments.
- Participates fully in application release management cycles, including scheduled/unscheduled maintenance activities impacting the Production environment.
- Supports major production application deployments as well as other critical change activities.
- Works closely with various technology groups to determine solutions to reported issues.
- Works with QA to test solutions as necessary. Job Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in an IT environment.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience supporting multiple applications/systems.
- Must be able demonstrate the ability to code in an object oriented language such as PowerShell, Perl, Bash, or Python
- Ability to lead resolution efforts for high-priority, high-visibility Production issues through utilization of members from multiple functional teams.
- Use of incident management logging/tracking systems (preferably Jira).
- Good knowledge and understanding of supporting client/server and Web based applications.
- Demonstrates excellent TSQL knowledge and appropriate situational / analytical use.
- Experience with MS SQL Server and related tools and technologies, MS Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical field or relevant experience.
- Banking and/or credit card systems (stored value systems) experience.
- Experience working in an IT development environment based on the Microsoft .NET framework; good understanding of .NET technologies and languages. Keywords: .NET, OOP, Object Oriented Programming, PowerShell, Perl, Bash, Python About meI've been fortunate enough to work with talented IT professionals and clients alike. My goal has always been to build and establish relationships, provide excellent customer service, and most importantly, maintain a trusting reputation. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn. About Advantex Professional ServicesThe Advantex recruiting process allows clients to see beyond your resume. We get to know you and your strengths and make sure that you are ready when the right job comes along. Through our networking and decades of experience, we have the business relationships to get you the best opportunity. Advantex PS is an award-winning recruiting firm specializing in information technology, engineering, finance and accounting throughout Southern California. Our winning formula blends advanced recruiting resources and technology with a personal touch. The result is the Advantex Hiring Advantage: expertise, personalization and specialization. - provided by Dice .NET, OOP, Object Oriented Programming, PowerShell, Perl, Bash, Python
Keywords: Advantex Professional Services, Pasadena , Software Support Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!