Principal Software Engineer
Posted on: October 8, 2018
Principal Software Engineer
How does a state minimize fatalities from tornados? How does a company minimize employee risk in the face of a global bomb threat? How does a health system communicate in real time, while at scale? At Everbridge you'll be solving the communication challenges of a modern economy at tremendous scale.
We are looking for a developer to continue building our flagship SaaS-based platform. Our SaaS platform runs a Java/JS/Spring/MongoDB/Elasticsearch stack. We are working on building our analytics offering. We need an engineer to partner with our architecture organization to design and build the first phase of our analytics offering. This is a chance to get in on the ground floor and lead the foundation and subsequent work on our analytics platform. As a pioneer in this new team, an ideal candidate needs to have the ability to work independently as well as with other teams. We will first target how to help our clients understand the effectiveness of their emergency notifications and then assist the clients with improving their effectiveness.
About the Team:
- Want to work in a flexible, collaborative environment with other like-minded engineers? We hire smart, innovative team-players and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
- Here, you will work in a small team environment with other Senior and Junior Engineers to build our next generation of products.
- Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our office here .
- Meet the Engineering and Product team here.
- Maintain and enhance existing platform analytics and usage reporting solutions.
- Partner with Product and cross-functional teams to formulate strategic vision, design and build new solutions.
- Collaborate to evaluate and adopt data storage technologies and analytics frameworks for supporting company's long-term platform analytics vision.
- Write quality and maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced environment.
- Scrum team member and software leader who ensures the timely completion of projects with quality.
- As we're able to scale the team, assist with bringing on other capable engineers.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with backend application development in Java with 8+ years of overall technical experience.
- Collaborative and detail-oriented with strong communication skills.
- Hands-on experience in developing production-level analytics applications using SQL or NonSQL solutions such as MySQL, PostgresSQL, MongoDB or Elasticsearch. Developing applications with CRUD operations using both SQL and NonSQL solution is a must. Experience developing extract-transform-load (ETL) solutions on large scale data is required.
- Experience with distributed streaming platforms such as Kafka, Spark or similar open-source frameworks.
- Capable of working with service-oriented / microservice-based paradigms and writing scalable multi-threaded Java applications.
- Experience in UI development or using data visualization frameworks is nice to have.
- Knowledgeable about basic data science principles and techniques is a plus.
- Familiar with CI/CD concept and best practices.
- Demonstrate to have basic DevOps skills. Embrace DevOps culture. Experience working in a cloud-based environment is preferred.
- Agile experience is desired.
- BS/BE (or higher) in Computer Science, Math or related engineering fields.
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 500+ dedicated employees support over 3,700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about "Making a Difference," and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: EverBridge, Pasadena , Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!