Senior Web Development Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: October 20, 2018
About the role PetDesk has big plans for our Product and Engineering team and needs a Senior Web Development Engineer to help deliver new capabilities as we expand our product features, functionality, and customer base. We are excited to grow our team with this key position that will take ownership of highly-visible projects and help us deliver on the promise of our mission. The big picture Here at PetDesk, we're committed to helping our furry friends and family, whether it's veterinary care or anything else that affects their health and happiness! As such, we have big plans in the coming months to truly enhance our current platform, as well as create new products entirely from scratch. If you're hungry for a challenge and want nothing more than to make an impact on the team, in the company, and with our customers, then keep reading. Apply if you're excited to:
- Build new features into the PetDesk Customer Dashboard web application (which is built on ASP.NET MVC, HTML, JS, and CSS).
- Take full ownership on a product feature through the entire software development lifecycle.
- Participate in product planning and web architecture decisions.
- Create, build out, and deploy intuitive and engaging modern web applications-we need your experience and creativity!
- Make a difference in a product that our customers rely on for the life of their business, and that our app users rely on for the life of their pets. About you
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure is highly preferred
- A programmer-first work history and mindset with a portfolio of web applications that you have either created single-handedly or been a key contributor on throughout the entire development process, from conception to deployment
- Embraces new challenges with a natural curiosity and humility to learn new technologies and development techniques, while advocating for changes with demonstrable benefits and impact
- Comfortable with the benefits and complexities of working in a startup-change on the fly doesn't frustrate you, it excites you to deliver!
- Appreciates participating on a collaborative and tight-knit team in the SCRUM process as an enthusiastic contributor to ensure optimal efficiency. Compensation & More Base pay is between $115,000-$135,000. Benefits and perks include Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), startup casual dress code, pet-friendly office, Banker's Hill/Downtown San Diego location, and a gorgeous view of the San Diego Bay! About us PetDesk entered the pet care market in 2013 with one idea in mind-to extend pets' lives by bringing value to pet care providers and pet parents. This principle has guided us through various obstacles along the way. Today, we are a key player in the industry with over 1,400 customers and 600,000 app users. Our team of over 55 people is committed to the success of our customers and to improving the quality of life for all pet companions. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for pets. We do that by providing pet care businesses with top notch customer communication software and pet parents with engaging native mobile experiences. PetDesk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Please, no external recruiters-candidate profiles submitted from external recruiting agencies will not be considered!
Keywords: PetDesk, Pasadena , Senior Web Development Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!